GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Uncommon Parts Numbers AKA Let's Not Get Ripped Off Thread

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
06K103925AA reordered again ;)

Thanks for breaking yours :) It helped me not do the same. Still took me a minute to see how you release the center clip. I can just get my hand in there without removing the connector to the sensor. I couldn't see it - had to do it by feel. Not something you want to do on a hot engine. And I see there's probably no way to remove it without removing the upper engine cover first.

For anyone looking to buy the cover and ball stud, the stud has very coarse threads so you need to take care to keep the stud very straight as you screw it in. I wouldn't use a wrench. It just fits a conventional 10MM socket. I stopped every half turn to make sure it stayed straight. If it gets hard to turn remove it and screw it in again. Repeat until it's all the way in. I did that every half turn and it was much easier to install. If you have a lubricant that's safe for plastic put a tiny amount on the threads. Don't over tighten it, just go until it stops. You only get one chance to get it straight and avoid snapping off the standoff so take your time. That there's a torque spec for it is a joke.

The center clip goes through a hole in one of the plastic reinforcement webs in the intake manifold. The end compresses (it's springy) and it open up once you get it through the hole. To release it you need to get behind the hole and press down on the top of the end of the clip. The passenger side (for us with left-hand drive) of the cover has a standoff with a rubber "bumper" donut on the end. It merely sits on the manifold, sort of half on it. All in all, over engineered stupidity. At least it looks nice. If only there was a battery box for the car but so far the MKV and MKVI ones reportedly don't bolt in.

Last edited:

jrah

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone have part number or source for black mirror caps? I've seen some on EBay out of China but not sure on quality. Has anyone ordered and can comment? Want black, not carbon fiber.

Last edited:

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for breaking yours :) It helped me not do the same. Still took me a minute to see how you release the center clip. I can just get my hand in there without removing the connector to the sensor. I couldn't see it - had to do it by feel. Not something you want to do on a hot engine. And I see there's probably no way to remove it without removing the upper engine cover first.

For anyone looking to buy the cover and ball stud, the stud has very coarse threads so you need to take care to keep the stud very straight as you screw it in. I wouldn't use a wrench. It just fits a conventional 10MM socket. I stopped every half turn to make sure it stayed straight. If it gets hard to turn remove it and screw it in again. Repeat until it's all the way in. I did that every half turn and it was much easier to install. If you have a lubricant that's safe for plastic put a tiny amount on the threads. Don't over tighten it, just go until it stops. You only get one chance to get it straight and avoid snapping off the standoff so take your time. That there's a torque spec for it is a joke.

The center clip goes through a hole in one of the plastic reinforcement webs in the intake manifold. The end compresses (it's springy) and it open up once you get it through the hole. To release it you need to get behind the hole and press down on the top of the end of the clip. The passenger side (for us with left-hand drive) of the cover has a standoff with a rubber "bumper" donut on the end. It merely sits on the manifold, sort of half on it. All in all, over engineered stupidity. At least it looks nice. If only there was a battery box for the car but so far the MKV and MKVI ones reportedly don't bolt in.

Just installed this today. This is good info and I wish I had seen it beforehand, would have gone much quicker!

AllanM

Anyone have part number or source for black mirror caps? I've seen some on EBay out of China but not sure on quality. Has anyone ordered and can comment? Want black, not carbon fiber.
[emoji3] I am looking for the exact same part number. VW original black mirror caps.

Sendt fra min SM-G935F med Tapatalk

2.0Low

Passed Driver's Ed
Last edited:

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
European Power Folding mirrors with BSA for LHD vehicles

5G1857508DE9B9 - right side/passenger mirror assembly
5G0959565AGICX - mirror switch
5G1857507CE9B9 - left side/driver mirror assembly

Euro Aspherical, BSA glass

5G0857521M (Left/driver for LHD)
5G0857522M (Right/Pass for LHD)

MikeF1021

Ready to race!
I want to upgrade the FSB on my 1.8t golf to that of a stiffer GTI FSB. I am wondering if there is a difference between PP part numbers and regular GTI part numbers.

The number I have for a fsb i might buy is 5qm411303a

I also want to confirm that the oem front sway bar that I already have on my mk7 golf 1.8 is, in fact, a different part number than what comes stock on the GTI.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

robertinohio

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for that, the belly pan part # is 5Q0825236Q they had it 79.40 at one point, now is at 97.00 with free shipping. it will not show under your GOLF/GTI instead they will show the really expensive one.
My local Audi dealer can get it for 100.00

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can someone verify what belly pan part number works with 2017 GTI Autobahn. I checked ECS site and 5Q0825236Q says it doesnt fit. In fact, none of the part numbers fit when you click the "Does this fit my vehicle"

Also, any other OEM parts that were left off or good to add? (I've seen some people mention the door hinge covers but I dont think those are OEM right?) I just got my GTI 3 months ago and trying to add important stuff before winter hits like the engine and belly pan. **PS Is the belly pan difficult to install? Instructions needed? Thanks in advance... super excited that I finally have my GTI! Was looking around for months....

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
So I see a lot of advertising for parts that never came with my car and see the prices go for >$100 just for a piece of plastic or just insane prices for parts because they know n00bs will pay out the ass for unique ISHT.

THIS NEEDS TO STOP.

I also noticed that there is a clubsport thread but I thought why not create a thread of an usual items that you have purchased and include its part number specific to all MK7s whether it be the E-Golf to R to GTI to Golf.

I will start with my current favorite.

Lower engine cover. Speaks for itself.

06K103925AA
06E103164

~$40 USD + shipping from Latvia

What do you have & what are the part numbers & what is it made for (model,etc) ?

Best,

Paul

About $54 shipped still. Pretty good deal. Not sure if it's worth it or not for just a plastic cover though...