GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DINAN

pricej6361

Ready to race!
I’m an hour into a tank composed of 3.5 gallons e85 and the rest Shell 93. Race mode.

I swear this is even better than 93. Could be wishful thinking but damn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

And thats more than likely a winter blend too. This summer should be fun, I have e85 readily available near me too :D

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
In for the Fed's review

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

CG256

Passed Driver's Ed
Mine came tonight just as it was getting dark. Was a little worried because it came in a box labeled for 07-14 Audi A4's, but after scrutinizing the model number on the module itself it seems to be the correct one.

Installation was straight forward, was able to route the wires along the firewall so the module is mounted right by the drivers side.

I left it in it's default mode and took it for a romp around the block. Seems peppier. Wasn't a night and day change or anything. I plan on taking it on the same canyon run this weekend I did last weekend to see if I can feel the difference there.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
It usually takes somewhere around 20 miles for the ECU to adapt.

Sport+ didn't really seem to do too much more. Race mode is where I keep it. I can feel the biggest difference there. Maybe when it gets real hot in the late Summer early Fall...I'll switch it back to Sport+.

pricej6361

Ready to race!
Has anyone compared this to a jb1/jb4?

I would imagine it would be very similar to a JB1. JB4 would be a step up, and obviously have room for improvement once you got to map 6 and started tweaking.

I did run a JB4 for a very short time, it threw some codes and it kinda freaked me out on my brand new car at the time so I took it off and sold it pretty quick. But I was able to get some decent runs/logs in at the time so hopefully I'll be able to butt dyno it for a comparison.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Has anyone compared this to a jb1/jb4?

This is the only comparison I've seen...

I switched to the JB1 because it supposedly has the smoothest power delivery out of all piggybacks, but it doesn't. I suppose this is a symptom of all piggybacks d/t the necessary intercept and modification of whatever signal it's intercepting.

I could be wrong, but I'm just going off on how the car felt through hard canyon runs, freeway entrances, and aggressive passing on the highway.

With a JB4, I can understand the better responsiveness of how it works due to the added monitoring of the O2 sensor and direct plugging into OBD port.

With that being said, I believe the Dinan module is worth every penny you pay for it especially under 200, whereas the JB1 on map 1, untouched, has left me feeling a little disappointed.

Furthermore, this is all based on how I felt on the drive with the kind of driving I do. Of course, it'll be subjective for me and anyone else, but this has been my experience with the two.

pricej6361

Ready to race!
Got mine installed this afternoon. For roughly 15 minutes of my time I am fairly impressed. I was able to reach the bottom plug from the top of the car. You can definitely feel the car pull harder above 3k, tires were barking a little more than normal. I immediately went to race mode as all stations around here have 93 available, and my car logged well with 93 and the JB4 on Map 6. I installed it all so you wouldn't even know anything is installed when you pop the hood. I put the "brain" up near the firewall and so far have had zero issues connecting bluetooth to it. Also had to put on the new license plate sticker today, so i threw in a plate shot as well :D For $164 bucks, it is quite the value.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Got mine installed this afternoon. For roughly 15 minutes of my time I am fairly impressed. I was able to reach the bottom plug from the top of the car. You can definitely feel the car pull harder above 3k, tires were barking a little more than normal. I immediately went to race mode as all stations around here have 93 available, and my car logged well with 93 and the JB4 on Map 6. I installed it all so you wouldn't even know anything is installed when you pop the hood. I put the "brain" up near the firewall and so far have had zero issues connecting bluetooth to it. Also had to put on the new license plate sticker today, so i threw in a plate shot as well :D For $164 bucks, it is quite the value.

Nice install

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

chiefhiawatha

Ready to race!
Filled up again with a 3.5 gal e85/93 remainder. This was after trying 89 and 93 on several tanks.

I believe pretty firmly the e85 makes a difference.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
How much boost is Dinan hiding in normal and race? My NPM is +5 and +7.

chiefhiawatha

Ready to race!
Do you mean you think for example race mode is more than +4.0psi? It seems like a lot more than 20hp different

CG256

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone else experiencing a decent amount of flutter on Race or Sport + between 2500 and 3500 or so?

I'm overly paranoid and have been using Sport only because of this.