GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aftermarket Gas Pedals?

Uberjet

I know this may or may not be helpful to you guys, but I do have the Rennline pedals installed and I love them. Granted, they aren't cheap. I bought them last Black Friday when they were 15% off, so I expect they will do that again.

As the person who started the thread was interested in getting the throttle pedal “wider(?)", I did purchase the throttle pedal extension. It certainly does that. I don't track this car at all, and I purchased them solely because I wanted better aesthetics. They remind me of the old 20AE pedals and I always loved those.

Here they are installed:

Sorry if this does or doesn't help. :confused:

slide13

Ready to race!
Interesting! Hadn't seen those are your thoughts on installation? Worth the full set or tee to just do the gas pedal and extension?

rfc89747

Ready to race!
Wow, I'd buy that right now. $140 for just the accelerator pedal though. That's a big price to pay for easier heal toe. Do you have to modify the original pedal at all to mount them (will I be able to return to stock at some point)?

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf

rfc89747

Ready to race!
You do have to drill. I have the same pedal set from SRP. For the throttle pedal, I just drilled 2 holes.

I haven't done the brake/clutch because I don't have a working drill...

Hmm, no rubber at all on those? Not sure how well that would do with a wet shoe after a rain storm. Are those metal or plastic? Don't really like the design, but I suppose a few small paint accents might fix that.

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
Hmm, no rubber at all on those? Not sure how well that would do with a wet shoe after a rain storm. Are those metal or plastic? Don't really like the design, but I suppose a few small paint accents might fix that.

Sorry didn't see this.

They're a bit slippery when wet, especially in that smooth edge. There's several surface options on the website. http://www.srpracing.com/pd-surface-finish.cfm

I still haven't installed my brake/clutch pedal but the surface of that seems better. As for the throttle pedal, I might go with another design in the future. But for now it hasn't bothered me too much... I've had it for a few months now.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Still hoping someone makes a product to make the throttle pedal sit a bit higher to level it with the brakes, just for easier heel-toeing. As said in this thread other companies have done it for different platforms, unfortunately none for MK7 manual folks...

pretty sure the pedals are the same as mk6 models. I have a rennline gas pedal with a riser plate for my mk6 track car.

slipperywhenwet

Go Kart Newbie
Still hoping someone makes a product to make the throttle pedal sit a bit higher to level it with the brakes, just for easier heel-toeing. As said in this thread other companies have done it for different platforms, unfortunately none for MK7 manual folks...

I picked up a set of RAZO pedals. They perfectly raised the gas pedal, while lowering the brake pedal (I took off the rubber pedal cover for it, before installing the RAZO one), and they significantly improved the spacing between the pedals.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I think I need to get rubber pedals as well. Not only is the pedal position bad for ergonomics but I also find the metal pedals to be too slippery. At a stop, I can't simply rest my foot on the brake, it easily slips off so I 'm constantly keeping my leg muscles engaged to keep my foot on the pedal. Not a big deal at first, but after almost a year, my legs are feeling sore.