GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What's the best exhaust for the Mk7 GTI

adefendo1

Ready to race!
I'm loving my Invidia Q300! Aggressive growl when you get on it and zero drone while cruising. That along w the perfect welds and build quality can't go wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Thanks to those with helpful posts. Trying to narrow my options.

And to clarify, the post was meant for the standard Engine and Exhaust section and placed it here on accident. Anarchy! Anyway, I can't move it. Deal w it :p

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Location of this thread is a bit odd.

But anyways, I'm in the same boat as you. The AWE exhausts (Without downpipe) seem to be just that subtle step up from stock that the average passer by might not notice, I just hope that I would notice it. I'm not sure if I would go with the touring edition or the track edition. Typically I greatly prefer the sound of resonated exhaust, but the touring edition seems extremely close to stock, and the cost of the track edition is hard to beat. I wish I could get the track edition now, and buy the resonator separately later if I decide I don't like it. In fact... I might ask them about that. Surely it would be within their power.

Yeah that's my grumble. I don't want something too close to the weak stock sound Bc what's the point? I want it to be known there's a performance exhaust on there, i mean I'm paying for it so why not. Just don't want it to sound obnoxious or lawnmowery.

Best ones I've heard are AWE track (touring too quiet), Cobra Sport (different and underused), Remus (way pricey). CTS cat back is overrated IMO. Sounds like fireworks in an empty soup can.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
I'd say the cobra sport has the best overall package when considering these three criteria:
1) sound
2) appearance
3) cost

Looks way better from behind than AWE and is just as affordable. Plus the sound is a tad louder but still not overkill. Still might give the overall sound edge to awe though which has me stuck.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Cobra sport CBE

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    85.6 KB · Views: 574

peppy2

Ready to race!
Go all out and get a catless DP and a track exhaust then. It will be noticed. I am currently running an APR DP and AWE touring exhaust with muffler delete. I was originally going to get the track exhaust but after hearing it with the rest of my setup, I decided to stick with the touring.

Enigma1

Ready to race!
Yeah that's my grumble. I don't want something too close to the weak stock sound Bc what's the point? I want it to be known there's a performance exhaust on there, i mean I'm paying for it so why not. Just don't want it to sound obnoxious or lawnmowery.

Best ones I've heard are AWE track (touring too quiet), Cobra Sport (different and underused), Remus (way pricey). CTS cat back is overrated IMO. Sounds like fireworks in an empty soup can.

I was worried about it sounding obnoxious and it doesn't all. I agree touring seems to quiet. You definitely know the track exhaust is there without being super loud and obnoxious.

Feel free to PM me and I can link you with someone that can take good care of you when you decide to order regardless of exhaust.

jhileman79

Ready to race!
I have a 15 GTI Stage 2 w/APR Downpipe and Remus Catback with single tips. Perfect sound for me. Sounds aggressive in sport and when just cruising around it is pretty quiet.
Hope this helps.

MK7.5_Roa

Ready to race!
Unitronic's turbo-back exhaust system is my favorite right now. Price is unreasonable for me though at $1800 (based off videos alone)

i have a cts catless dp and have been wondering which catback to go with. i really like the neuspeed 80mm, but i have not come across any views for it, the only video features the 70mm and stock dp and that doesnt work for me. the cts catless dp is pretty damn loud, im worried adding a catback will make the car ridiculous. i have also been looking at the awe touring, and the cts cbe except the cts doesnt look like its constructed or designed all that great

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion

BIMMER LEV

Ready to race!
I have a catless DP, Stock resonator and a Magnaflow muffler in the back. Sounds amazing, but drones with the a/c on while on the highway. Street its perfectly fine. It doesn't bother me in the freeway cause I'm always shifting up and down in and out of cars, but with the family.. They get irritated haha