GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Official MK7 Golf/GTI 1/4 Thread

Hoon

Autocross Champion
That is a wicked time. Cutout really does help!!!

Unfortunately what you saw is usually the way it goes. Expect to trap lower with slicks when you go that direction.

Big FYI, not great to run street tires at the track. Slicks save axles and mounts. The tranny is strong enough to take 1.7 60's no problem.

I thought the wheelhop was violent stock, but then I added the ECS dogbone and 034 insert it's better on the street (spins smooth) but even more violent on the track.

I don't intend on going back on stock tires, or with this turbo. It's a DD, so i'm happy.

If i do an IS38 next year, i'll put it on a tire and head back.

This ^

Our cars are too powerful to floor it from 0 on all seasons. The amount wheel hop seems extremely bad for mounts etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Yeah it's not good. I should probably look all the mounts over after this one.

My buddy once drove his Speed 3 100+ miles home from the track with a broken motor mount and broken trans mount. Motor was about 3" lower than usual :D

Nice. Who did the 9 seconds?!

Better tires and the Magic intercooler hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was all drag cars, as usual. The 9.7 was a 60s mustang, the 9.6 was a civic.

As for the IC...no need to downgrade :D

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Downgrade from what? The one I was referencing is about the same size as the Wagner.

You've got to stop listening to Oldskool about IC volume. It's like saying engine displacement is what matters. Its a factor, but not THE factor.

IC volume is only the capacity for efficiency.

There are giant eBay ICs that don't cool anything...ask my buddy who has one on a 76mm turbo 5.3L and the sled only makes 560whp because it has 160 degree IATs. Slowest turbo V8 car i've ever been in, and the IC is the biggest reason.

I'm not saying this will be the case with the Rev 9, Magic, etc. I actually think they'll do a decent job, but if you think you're going to get an IE without the name for $300, i think you're mistaken.

WadeRoberson

Ready to race!
Car(s)
NA
You've got to stop listening to Oldskool about IC volume. It's like saying engine displacement is what matters. Its a factor, but not THE factor.

IC volume is only the capacity for efficiency.

There are giant eBay ICs that don't cool anything...ask my buddy who has one on a 76mm turbo 5.3L and the sled only makes 560whp because it has 160 degree IATs. Slowest turbo V8 car i've ever been in, and the IC is the biggest reason.

I'm not saying this will be the case with the Rev 9, Magic, etc. I actually think they'll do a decent job, but if you think you're going to get an IE without the name for $300, i think you're mistaken.
APRs intercooler is smaller than Wagners but volume isnt the only consideration... APR outperforms wagner because of efficency. Bar and Plate vs Tube and Fin is super important. You want bar and plate and large volume. APR, IC, etc.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
My IAT right now is 70° stock IC LOL. I’m still waiting for more good data logs and BMS to release theirs. Heat soak no more

WadeRoberson

Ready to race!
Car(s)
NA
My IAT right now is 70° stock IC LOL. I’m still waiting for more good data logs and BMS to release theirs. Heat soak no more

Mine are prob awful. Florida has pretty punishing summer temps.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
So the 1/4 times section gets polluted with IC talk. Love it...

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Bradley got some nice results on a JB4 only car. Car ran full weight on all weather tires. Exits are on the low side due to very low tire pressure.
Car is on Continental all season tires DWS 06. Was at union grove Wisconsin, Great Lakes dragway. 56 degrees yesterday with 80% humidity. It's right around 600ft of elevation.

Golf R DSG IS38
JB4
BMS Meth kit
E25

Slip:

Last edited:

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Bradley got some nice results on a JB4 only car. Car ran full weight on all weather tires. Exits are on the low side due to very low tire pressure.
Car is on Continental all season tires DWS 06. Was at union grove Wisconsin, Great Lakes dragway. 56 degrees yesterday with 80% humidity. It's right around 600ft of elevation.

Golf R DSG IS38
JB4
BMS Meth kit
E25

Slip:
Can't see slip, sorry George. I think I have his time from Facebook though.

Also NOTE:

The is now an official instagram page which is for MQB Quarter Mile times. Easier for people to message and link to their slips/vids on IG. Check it out here:

https://www.instagram.com/mqbquartertimes/

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Can't see slip, sorry George. I think I have his time from Facebook though.

Also NOTE:

The is now an official instagram page which is for MQB Quarter Mile times. Easier for people to message and link to their slips/vids on IG. Check it out here:

https://www.instagram.com/mqbquartertimes/

Ok. Enlarged the slip in case you need it. The user name is OHLAWDY so you can delete his earlier run.

Last edited:

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
Finally beat my old time. This time on winter tires though.

12.770- 112.20- 1.950 -mk7 r- 2.0- is38-6mt -e30- Pirelli Sottozero - full weight - jb4 map 6

Last edited: