GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone running Emmanuelle Design springs ?

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
Just ordered my ED springs on the sale, thinking about going with the 10/15 spacer setup. What brand is everyone with this setup going with?

19x8 ET50, 235/35/19. 10f/12r H&R spacers. I was originally gonna do 8 up front but the shop didn't have them in stock so I ended up with this setup. So far so good, doesn't seem to rub in full lock.

Some rubs up front when I hit a road imperfection or a bump at a decent enough speed. It bothers me to be honest, I'll do the fender screw mod later to see if it helps. It seemed to have helped others who run similar or more aggressive setups.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Pretty pissed they went on sale about a month after i bought them. Coulda saved $60

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

SuperDuper

Go Kart Newbie
Also, for you guys installing these. Are you replacing any of the hardware? And are there any torque specs I should look out for?

SuperDuper

Go Kart Newbie
Nope no replacing

Is there any reason you didn't? From what I've read, a lot of those bolts and nuts are one-time use and are recommended by VW to replace when doing any suspension work. I think the basic kit that includes everything is only around $60.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Is there any reason you didn't? From what I've read, a lot of those bolts and nuts are one-time use and are recommended by VW to replace when doing any suspension work. I think the basic kit that includes everything is only around $60.
No reason to replace anything, subframe bolts are 1 time use stretch bolts.

mustache rash

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI
I have been having some major noise issues which turns out to be the top coil catching on the coil under it.
See this thread:

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...om/forums/showthread.php?t=32175&share_type=t

I swapped the springs with all new mounts bearings and hardware. Here are pics of the old springs with 3000 miles on them. Paint flaking right off and binding marks galore.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Thats how people get the squeaks

You're thinking of aftermarket strut mounts. The bearings should be replaced to make sure you don't get any binding noises while turning, if the OEM parts are worn.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
You're thinking of aftermarket strut mounts. The bearings should be replaced to make sure you don't get any binding noises while turning, if the OEM parts are worn.

Im not even to 5k miles so its a non issue for me

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Im not even to 5k miles so its a non issue for me

Sure, but I wanted to clarify for everyone else that strut bearings at minimum should be considered. With more mileage it's more important.