GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Burger Tuning JB1 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread.

JackJoachim

When i get the unit, do i need to change the map to map 1 before installing? Or is it already selected when shipped out from you?

JackJoachim

Got the unit a week ago and i cant say enough good things about it. Really woke up the midrange power. the car is much more useable on the highway now. So happy with it.

abracadabra1

Passed Driver's Ed
I've updated my earlier posts, but I've encountered somewhat similar behavior before (i.e. prior to JB1 installation). I'll see if I can capture a video at some point, but it happens so seldom that it's hard to capture.
Follow-up from a couple of weeks ago. Can't seem to recreate this problem, so perhaps it was just an engine hiccup. JB1 is working great - thanks George!

sergemcgraw83

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone of you 1.8T stock with JB1 map 1 can send me some logging you have done on map1?

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Hi,
The offer will be for all new JB1's purchased regardless if the JB4 is released. That way if you want you can try the JB1 and see if its enough for you then go JB4 without loosing out.

Yes, the bluetooth replaces the need for a data cable. It can do all that the desktop version can do including the map settings etc.

What if I bought the JB1 used from another forum member?

Sherifftruman

Ready to race!
So, what's the latest on how long is the JB4 expected to be? I'm dying to do something and like the removability but am not sure the JB1 is enough for what I want.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
We still working on details.

I'll still be able to upgrade though, right? Just won't be a discount? Does the upgrade just involve adding wiring to the JB1, or do you have to replace the unit? Thanks. Just got one for a great deal and very excited to get it, it I know I will want to go further down the road.

Slick99

Ready to race!
I'll still be able to upgrade though, right? Just won't be a discount? Does the upgrade just involve adding wiring to the JB1, or do you have to replace the unit? Thanks. Just got one for a great deal and very excited to get it, it I know I will want to go further down the road.
Just have to add wiring which will connect to obd port

Sent from my HTC 10

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
I should have mine installed within the next couple of days. All of the gas we have here is E10, but I can get 93 octane no problem. I also have a station about 20 minutes away from me that sells E85. What would the benefit of mixing in a couple of gallons of E85 with the 93 octane E10? Can make like an E25 or E30. What's the max out cars can handle? Also, any benefit to changing the spark plugs? My only other mods are a modified stock airbox with a drop in filter. I cut out the vents in the grill that are right in front of the intake and blocked off the other side where it feeds from stock. Essentially a sealed cold air.

Ton

Go Kart Newbie
I should have mine installed within the next couple of days. All of the gas we have here is E10, but I can get 93 octane no problem. I also have a station about 20 minutes away from me that sells E85. What would the benefit of mixing in a couple of gallons of E85 with the 93 octane E10? Can make like an E25 or E30. What's the max out cars can handle? Also, any benefit to changing the spark plugs? My only other mods are a modified stock airbox with a drop in filter. I cut out the vents in the grill that are right in front of the intake and blocked off the other side where it feeds from stock. Essentially a sealed cold air.

For the mk7, George has mentioned that e15 is probably the easy sweet spot between boost/timing benefit and not taxing the fuel system. I have been running e20 for over a year with no problems.