GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBDELEVEN

cav1982

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi, made a few changes to mirrors including 'mirror dip' and 'mirror sychronization' but can't get the to show up on the car menu despite the following being active:

(22) Access control 2-Menuesteuerung Spiegelabsenkung (change to “active”) this puts
the option in the menu screen.
(25)-Access control 2-Menuesteuerung synchrone Spiegelverstellung

Think it's something larger because while wiper options show up no mirror options do. FYI I have a '16 GSW SEL. Tried resetting to factory settings. Would appreciate help.

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
different regions seem to have different settings. In Japan DRLs are off as standard and only come on with the main lights.

I *think* maybe in his case the DRLs turn off when the main lights are on? (opposite to here in Japan) and he would like them to be on with the main lights on?

JDMGolfR: Arhhh.......... that explains the odd settings in the BCM for the Japan Golf mk7 that I have in my database

If OP just want's the DRL to come-on with the low-beam lights (we call this "Parking lights")

Leuchte4TFL LB4-Lichtfunktion E 4 > Standlicht vorn (Positionslicht; Begrenzungslicht)
Leuchte4TFL LB4-Dimmwert EF 4 > 31
Leuchte4TFL LB4-Dimming Direction EF 4 > maximize

Leuchte5 TFL RB32-Lichtfunktion E 5 > Standlicht vorn (Positionslicht; Begrenzungslicht)
Leuchte5 TFL RB32-Dimmwert EF 5 > 31
Leuchte5 TFL RB32-Dimming Direction EF 5 > maximize

Don

ashiun

Ready to race!
Hey guys. I got some help by someone locally with some OBDeleven changes and I had a few questions.

We were able to get Urban Joke and needle sweep working, but are having issues with the comfort blinkers, windows up/down with keyfob, cornering light stays on with fogs, and setting fogs as DRLs.

We changed comfort blinker from 3>4 but it didn't have any effect. Windows close via key fob works but opening windows via keyfob doesn't, and resetting one-touch feature doesn't fix it, and we were unable to set fog lights as DRL and keep cornering lights on when fogs are on.

Any clues?

up4speed

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Hey guys. I got some help by someone locally with some OBDeleven changes and I had a few questions.

We were able to get Urban Joke and needle sweep working, but are having issues with the comfort blinkers, windows up/down with keyfob, cornering light stays on with fogs, and setting fogs as DRLs.

We changed comfort blinker from 3>4 but it didn't have any effect. Windows close via key fob works but opening windows via keyfob doesn't, and resetting one-touch feature doesn't fix it, and we were unable to set fog lights as DRL and keep cornering lights on when fogs are on.

Any clues?

Not sure about the other issues, but the comfort turn signals should work if you reset the lights in the MIB.
Car Menu > Setup > Factory Settings > Lights. Reset the "Light" setting to factory.

up4speed

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I have a random question.
Does anybody know if they are working on any new Apps?
If so, which ones?

ashiun

Ready to race!
Not sure about the other issues, but the comfort turn signals should work if you reset the lights in the MIB.
Car Menu > Setup > Factory Settings > Lights. Reset the "Light" setting to factory.

This worked. My comfort blinkers now blink 4 times, thanks.

up4speed

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI

BAZ3713

Passed Driver's Ed
Baz: Not sure that I understand what your asking. Can you repeat your request with different words please?

Are you simply asking to increase the illumination level of the DRL lamps when the headlights are switched on? What type of headlight fittings do you have (Halogen, or HID)?

Don

Hi don

Sorry for the confusion, my Scottish accent must not be great [emoji23], basically my DRLs come on with headlights are switched OFF and when I switch my headlights to auto or the on position the DRLs switch off, I would like my DRLs to come on with headlights in the auto or on position. I hope I have made this a bit clearer now.

I have halogen headlights. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Hi don

Sorry for the confusion, my Scottish accent must not be great [emoji23], basically my DRLs come on with headlights are switched OFF and when I switch my headlights to auto or the on position the DRLs switch off, I would like my DRLs to come on with headlights in the auto or on position. I hope I have made this a bit clearer now.

I have halogen headlights. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baz: Yeah, I always have troubles with Scottish accents, but they are easier to understand than our Aussie accents - not that any of my compatriots, or I have an accent!

As for your request, try the changes below - but only if the existing default settings on your car for ALL the Lichtfunktion channels shown below are not active. What the tweak will do is add what we call a "parking Light" function to the two front DRLs - so whenever the headlights are on, the DRLs will illuminate. I've suggested that you set the dimming level for the parking light function to 31% because this is what VW use as a factory setting, but you can choose any value you like in the two Dimmwert channels

Leuchte4TFL LB4
Lichtfunktion C 4 > change from "not active" to "Standlicht allgemein (Schlusslicht; Positionslicht; Begrenzungslicht)"
Lichtfunktion D 4 > leave as "not active"
Dimmwert CD 4 > change from "0" to "31"
Dimming Direction CD > leave as "maximize"

Leuchte5 TFL RB32
Lichtfunktion C 5 > change from "not active" to "Standlicht allgemein (Schlusslicht; Positionslicht; Begrenzungslicht)"
Lichtfunktion D 5 > leave as "not active"
Dimmwert CD 5 > change from "0" to "31"
Dimming Direction CD > leave as "maximize"

Don

Stickman

Passed Driver's Ed
I set up OBDEleven last night and reduced Soundaktor to 49.8% just to experiment since it's not very loud to begin with on my car, and disabled the seat belt warning. Easy enough. I went into Central Electrics trying to follow the steps outlined in the OBDEleven proboards post and for the life of me can't find anything that resembles the outline. First there is no place to enter an access code and it's not listed in the menu anywhere. Further, I don't see a port for long coding. Is it possible that it recognizes that I don't have folding mirrors so it doesn't list the mod as an option?

I have read where some folks had issues where the mirror doesn't return afterwards so this may be all moot anyway, but I'd still like to find it. Can someone point me in the right direction?
Thanks.

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
I set up OBDEleven last night and reduced Soundaktor to 49.8% just to experiment since it's not very loud to begin with on my car, and disabled the seat belt warning. Easy enough. I went into Central Electrics trying to follow the steps outlined in the OBDEleven proboards post and for the life of me can't find anything that resembles the outline. First there is no place to enter an access code and it's not listed in the menu anywhere. Further, I don't see a port for long coding. Is it possible that it recognizes that I don't have folding mirrors so it doesn't list the mod as an option?

I have read where some folks had issues where the mirror doesn't return afterwards so this may be all moot anyway, but I'd still like to find it. Can someone point me in the right direction?
Thanks.

Stickman: AFAIK the seat belt warning tweak doesn't access the Central electrics module (@ address hex09)' Isn't the module you want "Dashboard"? And why are you looking for an access code? Doesn't this tweak change the code-string -not adaptation channels?

Don

Stickman

Passed Driver's Ed
Correct, seat belt warning was somewhere else. The pass side mirror dip was supposed to be in Central Electrics. What I was trying to communicate is that I have the various module lists without any provision or need that I can find for an access code. When you open a module you click on adaptations and hopefully what you are looking to change is in there. Mirror dip is not so I'm trying to determine if there is something I'm overlooking. Where is this long coding everybody talks about?

bruxwillix

Ready to race!
does the refuel quantity one need somethin special for the car to already have? i activated it and it said 'success' and nothing.. turned car on/off n nothing nowhere. did the urban joke tails and window remote and they work fine. but sup with the refuel quantity?

RmayT

bruxwillix

Ready to race!
Correct, seat belt warning was somewhere else. The pass side mirror dip was supposed to be in Central Electrics. What I was trying to communicate is that I have the various module lists without any provision or need that I can find for an access code. When you open a module you click on adaptations and hopefully what you are looking to change is in there. Mirror dip is not so I'm trying to determine if there is something I'm overlooking. Where is this long coding everybody talks about?
after you're connected. you click on the big center circle there, pick engine or instruments or etc and BOOM there's the long coding option

RmayT