GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBDELEVEN

casualsurfer

Ready to race!
Remember in the UK it is illegal and when you are pulled and you are not able to turn them off you will be given a producer requiring you to get a garage to show you can turn them off manually. Usually they just ask for you to get an MOT done.
Thank goodness I don't live in the UK. And here I thought Maryland was tough on vehicle inspections.

If you live in Indiana, except for a couple of counties, there is no smog, no check, no inspection, no nothing. So you could be running catless and polluting the crap out of your neighbors, the state doesn't care.

Jdub2

Passed Driver's Ed
Thank goodness I don't live in the UK. And here I thought Maryland was tough on vehicle inspections.

If you live in Indiana, except for a couple of counties, there is no smog, no check, no inspection, no nothing. So you could be running catless and polluting the crap out of your neighbors, the state doesn't care.

I live in Cincinnati and its the same way. Good thing too, I like driving my Miata on the street from time to time.

Cozmo58

Ready to race!
Car(s)
mk
Will the DRL as fogs still keep the regular DRLS on?

Right now if i leave lights in auto but have it pulled out for fogs it turns the headlights on no matter what.

Id like to have DRL and fogs on and auto headlights still come on only when dark.

erikweber321

Ready to race!

Right now if i leave lights in auto but have it pulled out for fogs it turns the headlights on no matter what.

Id like to have DRL and fogs on and auto headlights still come on only when dark.

sub'd

renejko123

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a problem with my OBD11. When i want to contect to car it says that i need to put pasword for bluetooth. Where do i find this code?

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
I'm unsure whether or not my 2016 GTI has an active car alarm or not. I've read threads where people would have to activate their alarm system through VCSD. Anyone know how to do this with this device?

On VCDS it's:
09 - Central Electrics >
Coding >
Byte 12, Bit 0

I had someone enable this on my car before I got my OBD11.

The way the OBD11 app works it wouldn't surprise me if they've just changed it to a an "Disabled" "Active" switch for "Alarm" within the coding section of the central electrics. I've found that the devs seem to have decoded some of the bits and bytes into plain english words. Poke around in there and see if you see something for Alarm. Let me know if you don't and I'll have a look later today.

Jdub2

Passed Driver's Ed

I cant say for auto lights, but the way listed above turns on the fog lights in tandem with the DRLs on my S level trim car.

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
VW Golf
It don't affect me adjust side-lite and front fog lite function to wire in sideys + front fogs (no front fogs). Can see the reason folk would want to though; think showing sideys & fogs lites looks cool. But pretty sure it's illegal in the UK for fogs turned on unless the visability is bad due to fog (!) or poor generally due to rain, etc....

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
On VCDS it's:
09 - Central Electrics >
Coding >
Byte 12, Bit 0

I had someone enable this on my car before I got my OBD11.

The way the OBD11 app works it wouldn't surprise me if they've just changed it to a an "Disabled" "Active" switch for "Alarm" within the coding section of the central electrics. I've found that the devs seem to have decoded some of the bits and bytes into plain english words. Poke around in there and see if you see something for Alarm. Let me know if you don't and I'll have a look later today.

Agentphish: You are correct! but it's a little more complex that just Bit 0. It depends on what other Anti-theft options are in the car

Here's the complete structure of Byte 12
Don

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
Agentphish: You are correct! but it's a little more complex that just Bit 0. It depends on what other Anti-theft options are in the car

Here's the complete structure of Byte 12
Don

Ah, I see. That makes sense. For mine, which is just NAR Golf S is was just bit 0 and that's all.