GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Free MT6 wonder mod: OEM bleeder delay removal

Chris@Revo USA1

Ready to race!
I see your point, so anyone that needs that warm and fuzzy feeling of spending money on a modification can buy the ECS bleeder block for $120 for a 5% improvement over modified stock! [emoji106]

You don't actually, not even remotely and I don't think it would be possible to see my point less. My point was actually don't even waste your time and 0 pennies on it, how did you possibly get go spend money on it from what I was saying???

Based on the posts here (ignoring the repeated problems) people can't even come up with consistent reports of what the changes were. Heck some of them are flat out contradictions of others, the same mod doesn't make a clutch softer in one car and harder in another, in this case that is actually impossible.

You say 99% of the people like it, I say 99% of those don't understand what changed.

quality_sound

hmm.......
Car(s)
'21 GTI S DSG
One car could have a softer or harder clutch if it wasn't bled properly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tatanko

Ready to race!
Free and/or cheap mods often come with blinders and why not it has to be better than stock mentality. That often isn't the case, different doesn't mean better.
This is exactly why I asked, and I'm glad to hear a dissenting opinion to balance things out. I completely agree that free mods (or even paid-for/expensive mods) don't necessarily make the car better.

Perfect example: I used to own several Nissan Maxima's, and a popular thing to do was remove the air snorkel going to the filter box. Guess what? It made performance worse because you were now sucking in hot engine bay air, but everyone did it anyway because it made more intake noise. Aftermarket intakes for that car were all useless as well, typically resulting in no gain at all or even lost power. The only free mod that ever benefited those cars was a small tweak to the top lid of the air box that took 30 seconds to perform and netted ~5 WHP. That and unplugging the line pressure regulator on the automatics to make them shift harder/faster (and destroy your transmission a lot faster too!).

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
may do this tonight... we will see :)

Chris@Revo USA1

Ready to race!
One car could have a softer or harder clutch if it wasn't bled properly

That only proves my point that people can't seem to bleed a clutch, yet they post opinions on what the modification allegedly changed which in reality are based on their improper installation and not the modification.

My point stands.

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
I see what Chris is saying and I agree. But those of us who are more than capable of doing this (and have done it easily) report a good change in pedal feel. In which the tactile point at which the clutch engages is more easily identified by feel. Nothing quantifiable though which is where Chris is 100% correct. A lot of people will change their perspective on how a mod is because it's some new and shiny part, or it took some work to complete etc.

Universal_Remonster

Ready to race!
I see what Chris is saying and I agree. But those of us who are more than capable of doing this (and have done it easily) report a good change in pedal feel. In which the tactile point at which the clutch engages is more easily identified by feel. Nothing quantifiable though which is where Chris is 100% correct. A lot of people will change their perspective on how a mod is because it's some new and shiny part, or it took some work to complete etc.
Perhaps he doesn't understand how a CDV works. Those of us who know how to bleed a clutch all report the same change. No change in pedal effort (why would there be) but faster clutch engagement/disengagement.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Perhaps he doesn't understand how a CDV works. Those of us who know how to bleed a clutch all report the same change. No change in pedal effort (why would there be) but faster clutch engagement/disengagement.

Well it should only be engagement, not disengagement.

LeGti

Ready to race!
Hi all,

Have been away from the forum for a while.

My personal take on deleting the delay diaphragm, and one I feel everyone may agree upon, is that it makes the clutch pedal's actuation directly translate to the clutch pressure plate actuation. Whether or not that change is desireable is entirely subjective.

I would like to make it clear that removing the diaphragm lowers the car's ability to mask improper clutch operation. And that it lowers the car's hindrance in proper and fast clutch operation.

Enjoy in good health :)

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Hi all,

Have been away from the forum for a while.

My personal take on deleting the delay diaphragm, and one I feel everyone may agree upon, is that it makes the clutch pedal's actuation directly translate to the clutch pressure plate actuation. Whether or not that change is desireable is entirely subjective.

I would like to make it clear that removing the diaphragm lowers the car's ability to mask improper clutch operation. And that it lowers the car's hindrance in proper and fast clutch operation.

Enjoy in good health :)

/thread