GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

034Motorsport - Billet Aluminum Dogbone Insert

ashiun

Ready to race!
Since everybody is confused between 100nm and 130nm, can anybody tell me if I can just settle for something in between or will that cause problems? Like maybe settle for 115nm

apostoly

Passed Driver's Ed
100-130 nms is not that much of a difference. It will not make or break the performance gained by this part.

In saying that, i removed mine. It was causing rough shifting into 2nd gear on low rpm

ashiun

Ready to race!
Lol so I just installed the dogbone (or rather my mechanic did because I don't have the tools).

I think the dogbone insert is slightly crooked. It still fit in fine and is facing the right direction and everything, but I think it's slightly crooked to one side. If this poses a problem I'm going to have to fix it.

Low RPM and 1st gear is still rough for the time being, I'll see how it fares after it breaks in for a bit. Great results though, car instantly felt like a different beast.

Sportwagen SEL

Ready to race!
Hope I'm not repeating a prior comment (didn't have time to go through all 47 pages of this thread!) but after installing v2 on my '17 GTI I felt zero difference. I mean absolutely NO difference. I had the mechanic check the torque setting and he said it was set at 85 ft lbs. The strange thing is when I installed v2 on my '16 Sportwagen it was a night and day difference with way tighter shifts and more vibrations as well. Any ideas why it's not "working" on my GTI?

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Aren't you supposed to torque to 130?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
130nm. I believe that's about 85ft/lbs

sergemcgraw83

Passed Driver's Ed
The torquing of the bolt don't change how the part function... Come on guys.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
The torquing of the bolt don't change how the part function... Come on guys.
Well, there is space around the bolt head and the inner diameter of the bolt recess, so if not tight, that space effectively could become slop in the drivetrain. But, I would think a noticeable "clunk" would also be present as billet aluminum smacking a 10.9 hardened bolt isn't a soft impact. It's one of those things it either is or isn't, nothing in between.

njkymk7GTI

Ready to race!
I just replaced my stage 2 BFI mount with the 034 mount on Sunday and I noticed an immediate world of a difference. It was very well worth the money to replace the BFI one. Transmission shifts a lot smoother and the NVH is down tremendously, but you still get the same exact results of less wheel hop, better traction, and a lot less NVH.

bluedoggiant

Go Kart Newbie

Was under the car the other day, the chewing of the rubber surrounding the insert is normal right?

njkymk7GTI

Ready to race!

Was under the car the other day, the chewing of the rubber surrounding the insert is normal right?

I would say so. When I took out the BFI stage 2 rubber insert to put in the 034 mount the BFI rubber at the top/stems of it were chewed up pretty well.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
I gotta say, I have had the BFI stage 2 insert, the 034 insert, and the Revo mount in my car. Rocked them all for at least a few days and overall the Revo is best. It is quiet like the 034, and tight like the BFI.

If that rubber continues to degrade and get displaced like that, the slope will slowly start to return I would think...I didn't have mine for long enough for that to occur.

Hopefully I can get a quick answer since my cars on stands, anyone have any issues installing the BFI stage 2 insert on the version 2 factory mount? Doesn't look like it fits, and kinda a hard area to pry on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk