GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Heat & D mode driving

Mother

Go Kart Newbie
I'm in Orlando and this summer has been brutal, but it's only happened twice to me so far. The dash readout for exterior temp was over 102*F both times.

pgard1

Ready to race!
Another thought... If this is truly the way the car was designed, then wouldnt it be prudent to assume that all higher performing VW/Audi cars would experience the same behavior? Are they seeing this same issues with S3/S4/S5/S6/S7/R8's? They run the same DSG platforms yes?

It just seems like a "convenient" answer to say its a "temperature performance profile". I've never had a car behave this way.

Mother

Go Kart Newbie
There's another guy in this thread who said his S3 is doing the same thing.

All of the rest of those cars you listed have different transmissions than the one we have.

rafycotto

Ready to race!
I made a trip from California to Vegas this past weekend. during the travel the temp from my dashboard was around 95 to 105 degree. every time dashboard temp. hit 100 degree and over transmission change behave in the same run. If you know where is temp sensor for trick, maybe can test .

Fahrenheit3881

Has anyone captured this behavior on video? The only day it got hot enough to cause it recently, I was driving home from work and the dealer was already closed for the day. Didn't think to film it until later. I'd like to be able to show them what it's like, they haven't been able to replicate on 2 attempts. It seems the only way I'm going to get answers from VW is if they see it for themselves.

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
I would think that APR has encountered this behavior since they are in Alabama and don't see daytime temperatures below 90 very often in the summer.

Mother

Go Kart Newbie
I'm in Florida and it's been a few weeks since I've had this happen. It seems (from my experience and what others have said) that the exterior temp readout on the dash needs to be over 100 F for this to happen.

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5
Yes it has to be over 100. Not sure how often that happens in AL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GolfRBlue

Ready to race!
I still haven't experienced this phenomena in deep south texas, but the highest outside temperature reading I have seen while driving my R has been 99! Hopefully, I don't see an outside temp of 100 or higher, but it is certainly possible where I live. Time will tell...

Fahrenheit3881

Ambient temperature has to be over 100 F for the car to start acting this way. It's almost like flipping a switch. Soon after the dash shows 100 F I start experiencing it. Seems to be that the hotter the ambient temp is, the more noticeable it is. The most noticeable time for me was when I was in Phoenix and the temp was 115-120 F. Back here in NM it has been 100-106 and it's been less noticeable.

I wonder if there is a way to trick the ambient temp sensor into thinking its 115-120 and see if it causes the same behavior. VW is sending a QTM to take a look at my car next week. I'll see if that is something he could do to test/replicate. I'll post any findings they have.

Last edited:

pgard1

Ready to race!
Ambient temperature has to be over 100 F for the car to start acting this way. It's almost like flipping a switch. Soon after the dash shows 100 F I start experiencing it. Seems to be that the hotter the ambient temp is, the more noticeable it is. The most noticeable time for me was when I was in Phoenix and the temp was 115-120 F. Back here in NM it has been 100-106 and it's been less noticeable.

I wonder if there is a way to trick the ambient temp sensor into thinking its 115-120 and see if it causes the same behavior. VW is sending a QTM to take a look at my car next week. I'll see if that is something he could do to test/replicate. I'll post any findings they have.

I havent gotten around to reaching out to VWoA on this... Hope you get somewhere.

Its exactly as you stated above.. mostly apparent on the hottest days. On days that are closer to 100 degrees, its not as impacting... But when it does, its annoying!

Fahrenheit3881

I havent gotten around to reaching out to VWoA on this... Hope you get somewhere.

Its exactly as you stated above.. mostly apparent on the hottest days. On days that are closer to 100 degrees, its not as impacting... But when it does, its annoying!

I would recommend that you bring it up with VWoA. If anything it will help the cause of myself and others who are having the issue. It took a lot of fighting with VW to get the QTM involved and VWoA customer care doesn't believe there's an issue. Someone else reporting the issue may help get their attention.