GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My Mk7 GTD Remap

MOzGTD

Ready to race!
Let's be honest. Trade value of cars is roughly 50% of original purchase price after three years.

You'll be lucky to get £15k Rappy.

MJakaHips

I'm a week into my standard GTD and over the years I've been very fortunate to own some very nice cars (including two 911's), this is without doubt (911's aside) the best car I've ever owned, it's BMW quality, goes like stink and returns 40mpg, proves that you can have your cake and eat it!

This is good to know mate.

Brilliant thread, very informative. Great stuff

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
I am jealous of your remap Rappy. My GTD is due end Sept, in a Ford Kuga currently but had the 150 MK7 TDI before so i am sure a standard GTD will be more than enough.

If only it wasnt a company lease car.. i would get the remap based on this thread alone. Dont think i'll get a remap signed off.. well at least legally. :(

It is seriously impressive & massive improvement over a pretty quick car. Shhhhh don't tell everyone :D:D

Rappy:cool:

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
I'm a week into my standard GTD and over the years I've been very fortunate to own some very nice cars (including two 911's), this is without doubt (911's aside) the best car I've ever owned, it's BMW quality, goes like stink and returns 40mpg, proves that you can have your cake and eat it!

Get it mapped:D

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Putting the increase in power to one side for a moment, if Nick can squeeze extra MPG with a re map why don't VW do it as standard? Surely VW wouldn't over look such an obvious selling point.

Probably no better mileage on the test. And VW would need to install heavier components to handle the increased power. That would add weight.

MOzGTD

Ready to race!
£15k max for a 3 yr old GTD Mk7 no matter how many extras.

More realistically for a bog stock manual car £12k I reckon.

Glass half empty realist me!!!

Carlos Fandango

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTD DSG
£15k max for a 3 yr old GTD Mk7 no matter how many extras.

More realistically for a bog stock manual car £12k I reckon.

Glass half empty realist me!!!

I think you're right just got 12k for my 3 year old A3 black edition, if I get 15k for my GTD in three years I'd be reasonably pleased

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
Just a quick update.... I paid a visit to my dealer, and he has an R as a demo. Trying to set up a 24hr test drive. I asked what does the MFD show for mpg. He said around 30/40 everyday. And mid 20's when gunning it.:eek::eek:. My sensible head is saying avoid!!.

I'm considering sticking with a GTD, but going mad on the options :D:D.

Panroof, Dynaudio & maybe heated screen. What else should I add?

Colour is going to be a hard one. Onyx white, Carbon Grey, Tornado Red or another Pure White

Optimus Prime

Passed Driver's Ed
Just a quick update.... I paid a visit to my dealer, and he has an R as a demo. Trying to set up a 24hr test drive. I asked what does the MFD show for mpg. He said around 30/40 everyday. And mid 20's when gunning it.:eek::eek:. My sensible head is saying avoid!!.

I'm considering sticking with a GTD, but going mad on the options :D:D.

Panroof, Dynaudio & maybe heated screen. What else should I add?

Colour is going to be a hard one. Onyx white, Carbon Grey, Tornado Red or another Pure White

His mpg is out! 27 as an average for normal mixed driving, low to mid 30's on a run. Remember they spec 98 ron fuel :eek:

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
Optimus, I doubt it's so high.
Lets see. I think it was a little sales talk & trying to get me to part ex my GTD. He has a buyer wanting a 1yr old GTD now.

MOzGTD

Ready to race!
The only problem with red is its non metallic finish which means keeping it shiny is a tough job and lots of expensive G-Techniq kit!!!!

I've also been toying with keeping my GTD for much longer than anticipated and going for the remap. The Mk 8 is too far off.

What's your average MPG increase now since you had it done Rappy? Is a 5-10% increase in efficiency across the board fair or is it more or less?