GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official MN Thread

boomkapow

Passed Driver's Ed
I was actually at further the other day. Seems like they don't charge for tune swapping which is nice. Talked to some of the guys there and they seem very friendly and customer focused. If I don't go eurodyne I will use them for sure.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mr Juicebox

Ready to race!
AWE catted downpipe came in today. Excited to get this bad boy installed
[/IMG]

boomkapow

Passed Driver's Ed
I would be too! Perfect day to,come too! So nice out. Let us know how it goes? Attacking it solo or with a buddy?

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
Installing by myself. Also waiting on the AWE track catback to arrive as well

I ordered the track catback as well although it has not shipped yet. Will be interested to hear what you think of your new system, especially with the downpipe! And how the install goes.

Nice! I will be purchasing a bunch of mods when my tax return comes. Getting hard to wait though!

Sweeeet. Waiting is the hardest part! Looking forward to see what you get...

Mr Juicebox

Ready to race!
Just installed the downpipe and catback.

This is how the GTI should have came from the factory. Below 3k rpm, it sounds almost stock. However, above 4k is were it really comes alive. Very boomy and deep. Zero rasp.

The install however was a bitch.

Because my car is a PP, the added girth to the differential housing makes getting the downpipe out a complete pain. Took about 45 minutes to get out.

If you're just doing the catback, I would think maybe a hour to do. very easy with basic tools.

Last edited:

Mr Juicebox

Ready to race!
One more thing when removing the rear muffler.

Don't try to remove the rubber hangers while it's on the car.

There is a bolt above each hanger. Take those off, then drop the muffler. Much easier to remove the hanger once it is off the car and you have room to maneuver.

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
Just installed the downpipe and catback.

This is how the GTI should have came from the factory. Below 3k rpm, it sounds almost stock. However, above 4k is were it really comes alive. Very boomy and deep. Zero rasp.

The install however was a bitch.

Because my car is a PP, the added girth to the differential housing makes getting the downpipe out a complete pain. Took about 45 minutes to get out.

If your're just doing the catback, I would think maybe a hour to do. very easy with basic tools.

Thanks for the info. Any difference in cold start and idle? I was hoping that would be a bit louder than stock.

How much did you need to lift the car to do the catback? Were you able to get away with lifting just the rear or did you have to raise all 4 corners? Also did you use ramps or a jack and jack stands (or something else)? Just curious because I will be doing this soon (catback only) and am wondering what to expect. I am hoping I can just put the rear on ramps as I find jacking/jack stands to be a pain with the pinch welds.

Also, any trouble aligning the tips? Sounded like that was a tricky part for some others on the forum.

Glad to hear you are liking it and kudos for installing the downpipe yourself.

Mr Juicebox

Ready to race!
I had the front wheels on ramps and two jacks under the rear suspension.

I think you would be all right with just the rear jacked up.

As for aligning the tips, I left all of the couplings semi loose while aligning the tips and had zero issues.

boomkapow

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry, slight tangent: has anybody used a set of pilot super sport tires in the MN winter? If so, how did they do? Trying to pick between these and pilot sport A/S's.