GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

GTI210

Ready to race!
Other than the trim and model year, each vehicle might have different options. To compare any deal you gotta provide MSRP, selling price without tax and title, dealer fee (if any). Quoting the OTD is going to help anyone here as tax in every state differs.

MSRP I can see, but isn't everything else just a bunch of noise?

For example, the '18 I'm looking at is from Sheehy. MSRP of $32,435. Listed at $25,180 but that quickly jumps up to $26,680 for me since I don't qualify for their incentives. They have an $850 freight charge which some other don't even have. Then process fee and tags & title vary by dealer. My sales tax is 6.25% (Texas).

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold

For example, the '18 I'm looking at is from Sheehy. MSRP of $32,435. Listed at $25,180 but that quickly jumps up to $26,680 for me since I don't qualify for their incentives. They have an $850 freight charge which some other don't even have. Then process fee and tags & title vary by dealer. My sales tax is 6.25% (Texas).

Most of those dealers do not include destination fee (which is listed on the window sticker) on their online price. Selling price should include all of those addons mentioned by the dealer.

(MSRP) - (selling price + dealer process fee) would show the real discount you are getting.

Ninjastyle

Passed Driver's Ed
I have two deals I'm contemplating:

2017 Autobahn Manual (used, 1 owner, 12.5k miles)
$23.5k OTD

2018 SE w/leather Manual
$29.8k OTD

I want the '18 pretty badly and the new VW warranty is just insane but my brain is telling me that the '17 is a much better deal. Thoughts?

Seems like a pretty solid deal to me. Question is: how much is the warranty worth to you? If you would pay $3-5K to have the same warranty on the used ‘17 then the two options are pretty much comparable and I would go with the ‘18.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
2017 autobahn. You can tell if abused by checking tires (type, tread and manufacturing date). Newer than car? Pass. half tread gone? pass. Mine had 11k on it but tires were original and had 90% tread. Passes the eye test. I have had to take m y car in for service ZERO times since I bought it 2 years ago. Deadnuts reliable. That 2018 SE doesn't have Fender. Fender is worth it IMO.

AmericanEnthusiast

Passed Driver's Ed
2017 autobahn. You can tell if abused by checking tires (type, tread and manufacturing date). Newer than car? Pass. half tread gone? pass. Mine had 11k on it but tires were original and had 90% tread. Passes the eye test. I have had to take m y car in for service ZERO times since I bought it 2 years ago. Deadnuts reliable. That 2018 SE doesn't have Fender. Fender is worth it IMO.
No Fender on the 18 SE? missed opportunity VW

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

AmericanEnthusiast

Passed Driver's Ed
Most companies dont care about loyalists anymore. All they care about is to increase their profits every other quarter.
Ford is the worst one now. They are watering down the sport line. They are moving production to China. Those are reasons why I bought a GTI over a FoST

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

wantone

Ready to race!

What rebates do their online prices include that adds up to $1500 for you? Military, college and some sort of financing through them? Did you try to use a $500 SCCA certificate? I imagine they're adding the same to all their online pricing. They won't email back a price on any of their remaining 2017 GTI's listed at $16,998. I've tried with several different emails.

cb1111

Let me say this again.

MSRP includes freight but dealers (at least in this area) advertise their sale price without freight.

This is clearly deceptive marketing but they seem to get away with it.