GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Philadelphia Area Owners, Spotted, Meets, Tuners..etc

kfitzpatr

Ready to race!
Coming from someone who is inept at these sort of things, it really isnt difficult. Only thing I had to get access to was the fuse box and I put in an adapter and snaked a wire up to the rear view mirror where the dash was. I hid the wires in the black rubber trim when you open the door so it's completely hidden. No A pillar removal needed.

If you need the guide I used lemme know, I just need to find it.
Thanks [emoji481] I'll let you know!

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

Amm5890

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone know of any mod friendly dealers near the north east? I will be Cobb tuned next week (smith is a far ride) I don't need any warranty work done but it would be good to know just in case.

Anyone have experience with chapman ford/VW?

Skwangtang

Ready to race!
Anyone know of any mod friendly dealers near the north east? I will be Cobb tuned next week (smith is a far ride) I don't need any warranty work done but it would be good to know just in case.

Anyone have experience with chapman ford/VW?

No experience with Chapman, but I would say avoid Fred Beans.
They nickel and dime me everytime. I went in to get the recall done, and asked to have a state inspection (which was free since they guarantee one free inspection).

Checked the bill and was charged over 200 dollars for labor AND the inspection.

Amm5890

Passed Driver's Ed
No experience with Chapman, but I would say avoid Fred Beans.
They nickel and dime me everytime. I went in to get the recall done, and asked to have a state inspection (which was free since they guarantee one free inspection).

Checked the bill and was charged over 200 dollars for labor AND the inspection.

Was it the Doylestown one?

Amm5890

Passed Driver's Ed
One more question. Does anyone know a detailing shop nearby that will remove terrible dealer installed vinyl pinstriping? Why do dealers add those things as "features"?

jacincm

Ready to race!
Fred Beans is trash. They tried adding on packages without me noticing. I walked out immediately and took my business to North Penn.

I really enjoyed my buying experience there. No nonsense, very straight forward. They had to get my car in a trade from a different dealer and didn't charge me any fee for that. My sales guy stayed late on a Saturday to accommodate my schedule. Nothing but a positive experience.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Looking for any MK7 groups or meets in the area. I'm from Bensalem so if anyone hears anything about one let me know!

Same! Just moving to the area. Where are the meets ppl?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twf16

Got my '17 R in October but just found this thread. Currently in the Montgomeryville area but moving to Chestnut Hill next month. Got my R from Smith VW in Wilmington and had a great experience, chose them due to the fact that they are an APR shop, and are mod friendly in that they warranty any mods they install. Haven't done much to mine yet, just an APR short shifter, 42DD bushings, clutch delay valve removal, tint, and Enkei T6S winter rims and tires. Listing it all out, I realize I've done more than I thought lol. Can't wait for West Chester cars and coffee to start back up and for some summer track days!

twf16

Just got my first VW last weekend. Blue 17 R.

Love my crazy long commute in the new car compared to the WRX. It's been crazy fun on the back roads as well, big upgrade difference in suspension and steering and steering.

Twins! If I ever see a reflection driving in the area I'll be sure to wave.

kfitzpatr

Ready to race!
Got my '17 R in October but just found this thread. Currently in the Montgomeryville area but moving to Chestnut Hill next month. Got my R from Smith VW in Wilmington and had a great experience, chose them due to the fact that they are an APR shop, and are mod friendly in that they warranty any mods they install. Haven't done much to mine yet, just an APR short shifter, 42DD bushings, clutch delay valve removal, tint, and Enkei T6S winter rims and tires. Listing it all out, I realize I've done more than I thought lol. Can't wait for West Chester cars and coffee to start back up and for some summer track days!

Smith VW [emoji106] [emoji481]

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

cldlhd

Go Kart Champion
Spotted a nice mk7 GTI at the Wawa in levittown on new falls and wistar Rd. Think the guy might work there. It has an aftermarket exhaust with some fruity pops and an apr license plate frame.