GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Philadelphia Area Owners, Spotted, Meets, Tuners..etc

Amm5890

Passed Driver's Ed
Badgeless grill
Installed this weekend

What do you guys think?

Also i always see a gunmetal mk7 gti at the Meinke In fox chase. Also in the area a nice golf r with europlates and a roof rack

kfitzpatr

Ready to race!
Badgeless grill
Installed this weekend

What do you guys think?

Also i always see a gunmetal mk7 gti at the Meinke In fox chase. Also in the area a nice golf r with europlates and a roof rack
Like....I have mine badgeless too. Like the option of switching back if I choose.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

jasongrandelli

Good morning everyone. New 2017 GTI MK7 (SE) owner. Just got out of my A4 lease and decided to purchase the GTI last week. Its definitely the most fun to drive car I've ever owned or leased. Last car I actually owned was a Jeep Wrangler which I replaced the suspension twice along with several other off-roading mods. So clearly I'm into modding vehicles and I'm starting to look around at what to do and how. Any suggestions would be welcome. Right now I'm between Unitronic Stage 1+ or JB1/4 as my first power mod. Might do some cosmetics as well (tinting, lighting, badges, etc). If there are any meets coming up, I'd love to go and see the community. I'll post some pictures here and the Night Blue Metallic thread when I get some good ones.

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
Hello everyone!

We move to Philadelphia a year ago; Black 2015 MK7 GTI APR stage 1 living in South Philly.
Any meetings or forum decal I'd be interested.

Thinking in changing the head lights to Auto DRL LED Projector Headlights but not so sure about installation, at the end the plug and play are like those bags that says "easy open here" and at the end is impossible.... ;-)

WidowsSon13

New to the VW Scene

Just bought my first VW. Got a 16 GTI SE. I've had it about a week now and love it! Definitely look forward to finding some meets in the area (I'm in Bensalem).

makopolo

Passed Driver's Ed
Just got my first VW last weekend. Blue 17 R.

Love my crazy long commute in the new car compared to the WRX. It's been crazy fun on the back roads as well, big upgrade difference in suspension and steering and steering.

project92raddoslc

Go Kart Champion
You guys know of any tuners that offer APR or similar software around? I know of AWE but i really dont want to drive all the way up to Horsham for GIAC. I'm leaning APR or Eurodyne but both sites show tuners really far away from me (Devon, chester county)
Not much closer but my friend Mark flashes for APTuning out of his house in NE Philly. PM me if you want his contact info.

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
Anybody knows a place that could do the installation of the LED head lights near Philly?
Thank you

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
You guys know of any tuners that offer APR or similar software around? I know of AWE but i really dont want to drive all the way up to Horsham for GIAC. I'm leaning APR or Eurodyne but both sites show tuners really far away from me (Devon, chester county)

Eurodyne is flash-from-home my friend. You get the Powertap tool, pay a certain amount of money for credits, and use them! As far as I'm aware, it's a flat rate for Stage 1 Low Torque all the way thru Stage 2+ IS38. Meaning, you pay one price, and you unlock literally every available tune in between. So, S1 LT, S1HT, S2LT, S2HT, S2+ IS38. The only thing that costs more is the TCU tune.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Anybody knows a place that could do the installation of the LED head lights near Philly?
Thank you

Audiosonic in Brooklawn, NJ. It's 10 minutes outside of Philly and the guy is super nice and did good work on my car. His name's mike. They're an electronics installer but installing headlights isn't too difficult. They're more than capable.

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
Audiosonic in Brooklawn, NJ. It's 10 minutes outside of Philly and the guy is super nice and did good work on my car. His name's mike. They're an electronics installer but installing headlights isn't too difficult. They're more than capable.

Great, thank you!

kfitzpatr

Ready to race!
GolfWang - trust them with a dashcam install?

Skwangtang

Ready to race!
GolfWang - trust them with a dashcam install?

Coming from someone who is inept at these sort of things, it really isnt difficult. Only thing I had to get access to was the fuse box and I put in an adapter and snaked a wire up to the rear view mirror where the dash was. I hid the wires in the black rubber trim when you open the door so it's completely hidden. No A pillar removal needed.

If you need the guide I used lemme know, I just need to find it.