GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NEUSPEED Power Module

Afrobaron

Ready to race!
Sorta. I feel that it definitely behaves differently in D, but not like S still. It really makes a difference when you put the pedal down more. In a way it makes acceleration less linear, and more exponential/
I was not hoping to make D like S, but make D a bit more drivable. It sounds like the power module will do this, and as a side benefit make S mode even more fun than it is already.

Ancillary question: Would a GFB DV+ be a good compliment to the power module, even if the DSG is supposed to be so slick and quick with shifting?

KraftDurchFreude

Passed Driver's Ed
I was not hoping to make D like S, but make D a bit more drivable. It sounds like the power module will do this, and as a side benefit make S mode even more fun than it is already.

Ancillary question: Would a GFB DV+ be a good compliment to the power module, even if the DSG is supposed to be so slick and quick with shifting?

This module intercepts Map and Boost readings and modify's them. In no way does it communicate with the transmission to change how the car drives in its factory modes. A car with a tune can't even change how the transmission torque limits the ECU without first cracking the DSG. They all tune around that for now. Just something to think about before you buy, your drive and sport modes will remain the same as they were before.

davo441

Ready to race!
Alright ya, I made my decision. I'm gonna go with neuspeed before I flash my ecu. I really don't want to void my warranty. How can I buy this thing for a good price? A real flash is just about 200$ more, it should be half the price for a module.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

805mk7gti

Ready to race!
If your set on getting a piggyback I'd wait a week or two for the JB4 stage 1 to come out. It will be able to do more than the Nuespeed and is around the same price I believe at $379.

Afrobaron

Ready to race!
If your set on getting a piggyback I'd wait a week or two for the JB4 stage 1 to come out. It will be able to do more than the Nuespeed and is around the same price I believe at $379.

I have been reading the JB4 was on the way for a while. I know I won't be holding my breath. But still anticipating.

MeatCat

Ready to race!
So I am probably beating a dead horse on this one but want to ask it anyway. Also, before anyone decides to chime in with "Just get a tune" I do not need that level of power, nor do I care right now for the flash, un-flash headaches that come with dealer service.
I have a mk7 GTI, DSG.
So my question is: Will the Neuspeed module help remove some of the limpness from D mode? S mode is much better but not needed all the time and I am a bit underwhelmed with D.

You seem to dislike the out of boost power. The neuspeed module won't change that, just the boost levels it seems. Actual tunes will tweak timing etc which make normal driving more responsive. Aka, a less "limp" feeling drive mode. But if that's not your thing... Intake and downpipe will help, but again if your worried about you dealer same problem perhaps.

turboteig1

It's enough to satisfy my need for a little more power. I run 91 w/ 91 setting and just installed a bfi insert and this car is a blast now as is.

Sent from your mom's house