GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Presents the MK7 Golf R ECU Upgrade!

Drunknfoo

Ready to race!
O, low fluid or not, Not all cars, motors or tramissions are created equal... Take what has been mentioned with a grain of salt. If you want more info on the topic of slippage, goto vortex and run a search.

In my case, stage1 93 high tq resulted on no slippage. The tcu option was something i was considering in the event it did slip.

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
I dont have issues with clutch slipping... So no...

Low dsg fluids may cause clutch slippage at x amount of tq.
I have no experience, but apr and many others have found this answer from other peoples experiences.

You misread what i wrote about the example where the tcu tune fixed a persons clutch slipping issue where fluid was good.
Thanks for the clarification. I'm definitely going to have my dsg fluid level checked

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
What is the latest sw version for stage 1 ROW cars?
I have v1 and there was no possibilities to choose low or high torque file!
Any info and answer is apretiated.
Thanks

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
What is the latest sw version for stage 1 ROW cars?
I have v1 and there was no possibilities to choose low or high torque file!
Any info and answer is apretiated.
Thanks

Stage 1 - version 2.3
Stage 2 - version 2.5

Available now at your dealer. Go get it!

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
Stage 1 - version 2.3
Stage 2 - version 2.5

Thanks Arin.
Just checked with my dealer. The BoxCode "5G0906259E S0003" was not ready with v2.3
Only stage 2 was ready with v2.5

He has sent inn an request.
Lets hope it doesn't take long time. Looking forward to test the new file.
Is there a change log "info" thread that explains the new file?
I also have APR TCU sw v2.2.1 and the car shifts a bit hard during DD. Will the ECU version v2.3 make any difference?
Thanks for the great support around the world and here on the forum.

Last edited:

Aussie R

Ready to race!
A3SBQ, you should go on VWROC uk forum. These latest files talked about on there, made at Awesome in U.K. They're on there and can answer questions, there is couple of reviews, dyno charts. There is slightly more power in mid range but was done to fix the turbo overboost issues. Everyone super impressed!

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Hoping Launch control and No lift shift will be a part of the mk7 golf r tune as well? yes? plz?

Stage 1 - version 2.3
Stage 2 - version 2.5

Arin, I see this was asked before but I didn't see it answered. Any plans for Launch Control and No Lift Shift for the 6 speed manual Golf R's?

I thought you mentioned on another forum that it could or could not be part of plans going forward. Any update on this?

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Thanks Arin.
Just checked with my dealer. The BoxCode "5G0906259E S0003" was not ready with v2.3
Only stage 2 was ready with v2.5

I checked with engineering and the file is now ready

I also have APR TCU sw v2.2.1 and the car shifts a bit hard during DD. Will the ECU version v2.3 make any difference?

I'm not too sure it will feel different. Try it out though, and if not, have your dealer send in a support ticket on your behalf.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Arin, I see this was asked before but I didn't see it answered. Any plans for Launch Control and No Lift Shift for the 6 speed manual Golf R's?

I thought you mentioned on another forum that it could or could not be part of plans going forward. Any update on this?

It's possible that it may happen, but I don't have any sort of development time table at the moment.

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
I checked with engineering and the file is now ready

I'm not too sure it will feel different. Try it out though, and if not, have your dealer send in a support ticket on your behalf.

Wow.
Thanks Arin

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
So what is the latest versions of TCU and ECU for NA?

2015-2016 North American:
Stage 1 - v2.3
Stage 2 - v2.4

2017 North American:
Stage 1 - v2.5
Stage 2 - v2.5

DSG North American:
Stock Turbo: V2.1.1a
STage 3: V2.4.1

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
It's possible that it may happen, but I don't have any sort of development time table at the moment.

Thanks for responding...so there is still hope...

Ianb

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Edition 30 Golf GTI
A3SBQ, you should go on VWROC uk forum. These latest files talked about on there, made at Awesome in U.K. They're on there and can answer questions, there is couple of reviews, dyno charts. There is slightly more power in mid range but was done to fix the turbo overboost issues. Everyone super impressed!

Yeah mine was done a few weeks ago at Awesome..new APR Stage 1 file.

Mine is running with additional VWR 600 intake and VWR Turbo pipe.

Here's the thread from VWROC on my car:

http://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/1...que-update-file-reflash-now-with-pics-180117/

Pretty impressive results for 'just' Stage 1.

Rafal

Ready to race!
As indicated above, the release is currently only for the Australian Market. We are adding market support upon completed testing and other things and will be updating the product pages and threads as this happens.

I am having V2.5 loaded into my Australian Stg2 Golf R. What is the upgrade
in terms of TQ and HP and drivability due to this APR software update?
The email my dealer received from APR doesn't say anything about the improvements.