GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Uber-Stealth Audio MK7 Box - Pics inside

nikbrewer

Go Kart Champion
Thinking about a side mount, do you think the MK6 side mount would fit in an MK7?

Just not sure how I'm gonna feel about having the sub firing into the hatch floor.

I am not planning on a side mount at this time.

I get this question a lot.

1. The OEM sub in this car, and many others are located in this position, so it must work OK.

2. Bass wavelengths are very long, and are not easily stopped by the floor. This is the reason you can hear the bass from a car from a distance. Bass is also non directional as well, so location is not that important.

3. My MKV / MKVI puts the sub in a similar location. However it is even closer to the floor, unlike the MKVII, which has several inches above it. I have produced over 1000 underfloor boxes, and no one yes has complained about the bass output.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Just in case there was confusion, this will fit both the fender and base stereos.

Are you working on any other concept for the MK7? Or is this the only option. I just purchased my GTI a month ago and would like to add an sub and an Amp. I have zero experience with audio by the way. Thanks

nikbrewer

Go Kart Champion
It be nice if you did a shelf to put the amps in like you did the MK6.

the cargo area is so open in the MK7 i figured most people would just mount the amp in one of the side cubbies. next to the spare tire. You can really put the amp on the box as the sub would be offset, but the sub is sitting down into the wheel so you cant offset it much

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Nick I have a MB Quart RLP304 and I was wondering if this model would fit one of your boxes for an MK7, I would really like to keep the the plastic thing that holds the spare tire intact and maybe a box that would be as wide as the tire itself , is that possible? Also what would be you recommendation on amps, am not audiophile nut, in fact I'm very ignorant about this lol. Thanks for your input in advance.

nikbrewer

Go Kart Champion
That sub should work fine. I believe the plastic nut can be kept if you cut down the threaded part.

There are a lot of amp out there. what is your budget?

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
That sub should work fine. I believe the plastic nut can be kept if you cut down the threaded part.

There are a lot of amp out there. what is your budget?

Thanks for the quick response, my budget is around 400.00 box and amp if that's doable, I remember seeing a very tiny amp on the MK6 forums can't recall the name

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
it would be the PBR300.1 Too small for that sub. that leaves less than 200$ for an amp.

There are a ton on sonic electronics

this might be a good fit

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_76917_MB-Quart-OA1050.1D.html
Looks good, I'll rode the amp.
Ok great so I'll order your box for a 12 inch shallow sub. And I'm not afraid to install stuff but I really don't want to mess up electronics so I need to find a reputable shop, I think that Enfig is in NJ not too far from me so I'll see if they can work on it.