GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Uber-Stealth Audio MK7 Box - Pics inside

nikbrewer

Go Kart Champion
Well, I have finally completed the MK7 golf box from Uber-Stealth Audio. VW changed how the hatch floor was set up from the mkv / mk6, so I had to go a different direction.

The new box will be located inside the spare like the Fender sub. However, this box is taller and removes the spare tire hold down to allow for a full size sub.

The box shown has .55 cubic feet of airspace, and a mounting depth of 4.25". AS you can see there is room to go slightly taller and larger around if more room is needed.

I suggest using come Velcro or double sided tape to secure the box to the spare. This will hold it tight, but still allow it to be removed if you get a flat tire.

The cargo floor will need to be in the higher position to fit the box.

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
Looks like a great product. Does it vibrate the cargo floor?

nikbrewer

Go Kart Champion
these are still in the testing phase, hence the low price. I would not think this would vibrate the floor any more then my mk6 box does, which is minimal

chid

Ready to race!
I tried to install the Helix and it's a no go...
Nik, can we find somebody that replaced the Fender sub with this?

chid

Ready to race!
I finally got my Autobahn with Fender audio system.
For a OEM system, is great! I'm not an audio expert, but it sounds better than anything I heard in a new car.
But it doesn't come even close to what I had in my MK6 TDI: Nik's box with Pioneer 10in sub and Rockford Fosgate amp.
Fender is LOUD!.... but the sound it hurts my ears and it doesn't have the "punch".
I'm not looking for a BOOOOM BOOOM system, but with Nik's setup I could listen at low volume but fuller sound and beautiful bass.

I just got my GTI 2 days ago and I didn't have time to look in the trunk.
I tried to have the Helix installed by the dealer, but they said it's impossible.
there is no subwoofer exit from the Fender?
Let's find a way (without splicing the existing wires? ) to install another subwoofer.

Nik, is there a way to make the box fit the spare tire and then make it rectangular and longer but less taller? I have to measure some things in the trunk, I'll give you some dimensions and a 3D model if it helps.

chid

Ready to race!
is there any way that I could use the signal from the Fender sub connection to a new amp and subwoofer to replace Fender sub?

nikbrewer

Go Kart Champion
is there any way that I could use the signal from the Fender sub connection to a new amp and subwoofer to replace Fender sub?

the issue you will get id you use the fender sub input as a input to an aftermarket amp is
1. high wattage, most amps that take speaker level input are built for like 15 -20 watts rms, I am guessing the sub is getting more than that

2. the signal is already EQ'ed for the fender sub, so it would not sound right. You really need to get a signal before the amp.

nikbrewer

Go Kart Champion
How much does the box weigh? If one opts to remove the spare tire, will this till fit correctly?

the box is probably 12-15 lbs. It is made to fit inside the wheel. If you want to remove the spare, I can easily make you a box that is shaped like a spare to fit in there.

chid

Ready to race!
down firing sub, PIONEER TS-SW3001S4/S2 12" Subwoofer, shallow mount, slot for amp Rockford Fosgate PBR300x1, .65 cu. ft.
will have space to go down inside the spare tire, 4 in deep so that fits perfectly with the trunk cover in up position.
some space will be available on the sides to build a small box on each side like organizer.
:D

Attachments

• Square box MK7.jpg
    Square box MK7.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 8,439

carterruss

Ready to race!
what are you looking for? I probably wont do a side mount. I am looking at a down firing sub that fits in the spare. I am open to ideas, just don't know what people want yet

Thinking about a side mount, do you think the MK6 side mount would fit in an MK7?

Just not sure how I'm gonna feel about having the sub firing into the hatch floor.