GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Review of Ed's MK7 Headlight replicas

GTI-TDI

Ding, ding, ding!
Mine went bad (one side) just the other day. Switched to an h7. You still have the led Us and I'm happy with it. The HID would jitter.... drove me nuts! Output was so glaring and with me being lowered, my buddies said it was annoying! I plan on sticking with a regular bulb, where the color temp is off, but I'm fine with the look. Subie-esk. Save your money, don't annoy other drives, keep your sanity.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Thank you! Sorry your HID's didn't work out, but i'm glad you're happy with the H7 in its place. That's exactly how I plan on running mine.

GolfMNE

Ready to race!
Mine Morimoto hid's are working perfect. I tried with halogen bulbs first, but it wasn't big improvement over stock lights. I installed Hid kit and the difference is huge, I would always recommend it.

jmargaretis

Go Kart Champion
Mine Morimoto hid's are working perfect. I tried with halogen bulbs first, but it wasn't big improvement over stock lights. I installed Hid kit and the difference is huge, I would always recommend it.
This is true, "a massive improvement". However, IMO, if you're lowered, and are a bit concerned about their intensity, still want double U's... etc etc, h7s are fine.

I'm just saying, mine would shake like crazy, were way too intense, annoyed others, drove me nuts on how the cutt off was so dramatic. I don't mind the variation in color, I can see just fine, and I'm not paranoid about pissing people off.

GTI-TDI

I think I'm ok with the halogen output for now, and don't mind the mismatched color the occasional times i drive at night and actually use the low beams.

How fast is shipping from Canada to the US from Ed? Pretty excited to put these on!

GTIOZ

Passed Driver's Ed
I installed these lights last weekend and I love them. Well, except for the fact that I cannot adjust the light pattern from right to left on either light. There are two adjustment screws. One on the top which is supposed to be for up and down and the lower adjustment is for left and right adjustments. I tried adjusting that screw but all it does it moves the light beam up and down and not left or right like it should.

Both light assemblies do this and I don't understand why.

jmargaretis

Go Kart Champion
I installed these lights last weekend and I love them. Well, except for the fact that I cannot adjust the light pattern from right to left on either light. There are two adjustment screws. One on the top which is supposed to be for up and down and the lower adjustment is for left and right adjustments. I tried adjusting that screw but all it does it moves the light beam up and down and not left or right like it should.

Both light assemblies do this and I don't understand why.
Same with mine

16MK7

Is anyone fully satisfied with these lights? The more I read about them, the more i read about poor light patterns, uneven seating, and failures of components. I love the look of them, however I'm not trying to purchase a $600 headache that gives me poor vision at night.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Same with mine

same which kinda stinks since my beams are kinda off center

Uhoh... Condensation... Where do i start? Looks like those vent tube/drain plugs are setup correct/not kinked. :/ any experience here?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

jmargaretis

Go Kart Champion
Is anyone fully satisfied with these lights? The more I read about them, the more i read about poor light patterns, uneven seating, and failures of components. I love the look of them, however I'm not trying to purchase a $600 headache that gives me poor vision at night.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Vision isn't the issue and sure, there can be failure. These are replicas, so to be expected. H7 bulbs are fine, less headache, higher tolerance for imperfections.

Tone1

Ready to race!
I got mine used and I'd say I'm 99% satisfied. Beam pattern is just fine, light output is great, no condensation (yet). Only gripe I have is drivers side low beam can jitter over large bumps, but honestly unless I'm looking for it I don't really notice it.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
i get the bump jitters too... think its install error though, feel like the way the light installs with the bolt in the back (in the bay itself) could be more solid..

FTR i'm still very satisfied with these.

jmargaretis

Go Kart Champion
Hopefully Ed can chime in and answer our questions about why some of us cannot adjust our lights from left to right, etc....
He'll just say what he told me. Make sure the bulbs are seated properly. Took mine out 3 times. Last week, I noticed the whole housing inside moves with ease. I stuffed some thin foam and it helped.

GTIOZ

Passed Driver's Ed
He'll just say what he told me. Make sure the bulbs are seated properly. Took mine out 3 times. Last week, I noticed the whole housing inside moves with ease. I stuffed some thin foam and it helped.

I'm 100% sure my bulbs are properly seated because I'm the one who did the complete install of my lights. Still doesn't make any sense as to why I cannot adjust my lights from left to right, etc....