GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 wipers are s**t!

tom1

Ready to race!
Has anyone else had issues with their wipers? my driver side wiper smears so badly that I almost crashed today while driving at 75mph. Got caught up in a really heavy thunderstorm and this was the first time for me to use the wipers. I will be taking the car to VW tmorrow morning to get this sorted.

marvin1

Ready to race!
Has anyone else had issues with their wipers? my driver side wiper smears so badly that I almost crashed today while driving at 75mph. Got caught up in a really heavy thunderstorm and this was the first time for me to use the wipers. I will be taking the car to VW tmorrow morning to get this sorted.

You must have read elsewhere on other VW forums that several people have been moaning about their driver's side wiper smearing at the extremity of the wipe when vertical I believe. Apparently VW are now aware of this and several dealers have been replacing arms and blades and issuing wet screen wipes in a bag in an effort to ameliorate the problem.
I won't be ordering a MK7 Golf until this and other teething issues have been resolved - never jump in straight away with brand new products in my motto.

dickt

Ready to race!
Yup, driver's side blade is crap and needs to be replaced.
It is dangerous, and should not be allowed.

A real Safety nightmare.

Get it logged at your dealer's as soon as poss. On forums/forii like, this, a bloke in S Africa has got up to 3 new wiper arms and blades, and a new windscreen. Nothing does any good.
We need everyone with this problem to get on to their dealers as soon as possible otherwise VW will not produce a solution.

They have to solve it before they launch the product in the USA, as the lawyers in the USA will take them to the cleaners. They will delay the USA launch with this sort of Safety problem.

tom1

Ready to race!
Ok........VW claim this is down to wear and tear. I have had the car about 6 weeks, what a load of rubbish. Does anyone know if calling VW UK will help get the ball rolling? The 2nd closest dealer to me is some 110miles so taking it there is not really viable.

marvin1

Ready to race!
Ok........VW claim this is down to wear and tear. I have had the car about 6 weeks, what a load of rubbish. Does anyone know if calling VW UK will help get the ball rolling? The 2nd closest dealer to me is some 110miles so taking it there is not really viable.

A question I'd like to ask, when there is this trouble, is that are your windscreens clean enough not to bead when covered in water, especially in the area where this is a problem (up near the A pillar I believe)? :confused:

Is this problem entirely unrelated to the whether the glass wets perfectly or not? Obviously I assume that people have tried cleaning compounds on the glass to remove 'grease'?

vwman

Go Kart Champion

Which dealer said it was ' down to wear and tear' ?

jp_cfc09

Ready to race!
A question I'd like to ask, when there is this trouble, is that are your windscreens clean enough not to bead when covered in water, especially in the area where this is a problem (up near the A pillar I believe)? :confused:

Is this problem entirely unrelated to the whether the glass wets perfectly or not? Obviously I assume that people have tried cleaning compounds on the glass to remove 'grease'?

its differently the blade causeing the probelm, mines does this all the time even when useing the squirts from day one. doesnt matter how clean the window or blade is, useing compound helps remove it but its only a very short fix. it is at the A piler but runs from the A piler right down the windcreen to where the blades rest right in front of the drivers sight. it happens on the downwareds wipe and you need to keep useing the wipers untill the smear isnt that bad and near gone.

doesnt matter how much water coverage as I stated even useing the squirts which covers the whole windscreen evenly, its still there. in heavy rain it doesnt bother me much as its hard to see anyway with the rain but in sunny days when you use the squirts or once the rain stops its annoying to have to keep wipeing to try and get rid of it. leaves dirt marks too in sunny days.

mcmaddy

Ready to race!
this sounds like a factory fault. maybe the screens aren't being fitted properly at the factory and vw are blaming everything but themselves?

jp_cfc09

Ready to race!
theres someone on here had the windscreen replaced with like 3 sets of blades and arms but still there, must be the design of the blade or something as even a new screen didnt fix it. im waiting on a fix as I couldnt be arsed doing lots of trips to the dealers to have it still happen.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
I just wish Bosch would get their fingers out and bring out AeroTwin blades for the Mk.7 - or are they available yet, has anyone seen them for the Mk.7 yet?

PeteAntrim

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi Rob i can check tomorrow and post back, the company i work for deal a huge amount with Bosch, we sell thousands of Bosch wiper blades a month for them, so we will have an up todate release date.

tom1

Ready to race!
I won't name and shame just yet, I had an interesting voice mail left for me this afternoon. I think I might be getting somewhere and they accept the fact that 1350 miles is not wear and tear seems it's only rained once since I've had the car which is when I found out how useless the things were.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Hi Rob i can check tomorrow and post back, the company i work for deal a huge amount with Bosch, we sell thousands of Bosch wiper blades a month for them, so we will have an up todate release date.

Thanks, that'd be great.