GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Soundaktor adjustment via VCDS

ruxprncd

I know there are other threads on Soundaktor...but for those with a VAG-COM that want to mute or change volume of the Soundaktor, here's how:

From main menu, search/go to A9 (Structure Borne Sound)
Choose Adaption 10
At Channel drop down choose "Volume of structure borne noise actuator" (this is the only choice)
Enter a value in the box (0= off; 100 = full volume)
Close out with "do it"
OK the code that is suggested by VCDS

In my case, doing this eliminated an annoying rattle as well as the fake/amplified engine noise. I think the Soundaktor was causing the rattle, which sounded similar to really bad engine knock.

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
Just curious, what is the default volume set to? And is there a way to program different volumes between normal and "sport" modes? I wouldn't mind turning it off for normal, but have it come on when sport is selected.

kunia1

Passed Driver's Ed
I know there are other threads on Soundaktor...but for those with a VAG-COM that want to mute or change volume of the Soundaktor, here's how:

Choose Adaption 10
At Channel drop down choose "Volume of structure borne noise actuator" (this is the only choice)
Close out with "do it"

In my case, doing this eliminated an annoying rattle as well as the fake/amplified engine noise. I think the Soundaktor was causing the rattle, which sounded similar to really bad engine knock.

For some strange reason people think that having the Soundaktor disabled will make the car a total mute.....:confused:

Edit: As I have stated in my original post, it kills all those unnecessary vibrations that are most noticeable at low rpms - all those minor rattles will be eliminated (the speaker is sitting on the firewall). I also have some recorded videos of me cursing and accelerating in the other thread. Check it out - It'll give anyone that's interested a better idea of the car sounds like with soundaktor disabled.

JUST DO IT :)

Last edited:

TheSwede

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf7 Alltrack/Cupra
Just curious, what is the default volume set to? And is there a way to program different volumes between normal and "sport" modes? I wouldn't mind turning it off for normal, but have it come on when sport is selected.

100% default value. I have changed mine to 80%. No other setting for Normal /Race,, as I know of. Sounds good in R.

/Peter

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Just pull the plug, easier, quicker, totally reversible.;)

TheDoc46

Ready to race!
Just unplugged mine.. Getting your hand in under the plastic, which has very little room and using a screwdriver to unclip the plug was a bit fiddly TBH. Still only a two min job, but If i had a vagcom, i'd of gone with that option. Top of my hand is a little sore as a result.

scientificharmony

Ready to race!
I asked the dealer could they turn the volume down to 0 and I just got an email from them saying its complete. So roll on Delivery on Monday!

TheDoc46

Ready to race!
Does it void the warranty when changing settings on VCDS?

No, on my previous CC, I had my DRL's turned off via vagcom, and after a recall, they were not working at all. I had VW fix then make sure they were turned off again. They obliged.

Mind you if you started playing with certain things and they proved it was cos you were messing around, then i guess they could say something... But for silly little changes, like what most do, you'll be fine.

ColinStone

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII 2016 Match BM
Really can't see the point of it. VW spend millions on NVH reduction and then undo all their good work with a vibrator on the bulkhead. Mad.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Really can't see the point of it. VW spend millions on NVH reduction and then undo all their good work with a vibrator on the bulkhead. Mad.

LOL....................must have been a dickhead in the marketing dept.:D

Like giving us lighting strips in the door tops............................

BUT Sweet F all for lower door safety markers................:mad:

or how about half the VW available under trays not fitted because VWUK think our roads aren't that bad..... :mad:

s7wag

Ready to race!

Choose Adaption 10
Close out with "do it"

Here's what I've seen on the VCDS for my GTD (with Sound Pack) - two controllers but as you say only one option to change what appears to be the 'internal' speaker level BUT I'm unsure how or if there are options to change the 'external' exhaust sound actuator?

Address A9: Struct. Borne Sound (J869)-ASAM Dataset: EV_SoundActuaGen2AU64X 003010; Standard Volume set @ 100% - see instructions above on changing volume;

Address C0: Act. for Ext. Noise (J943)-ASAM Dataset: EV_ActuaForExterNoiseUDS 003013 - no VCDS obvious options to change volume on this one? Anyone know??

Thanks

Steve

Blharry

Passed Driver's Ed
Here's what I've seen on the VCDS for my GTD (with Sound Pack) - two controllers but as you say only one option to change what appears to be the 'internal' speaker level BUT I'm unsure how or if there are options to change the 'external' exhaust sound actuator?

Address A9: Struct. Borne Sound (J869)-ASAM Dataset: EV_SoundActuaGen2AU64X 003010; Standard Volume set @ 100% - see instructions above on changing volume;

Address C0: Act. for Ext. Noise (J943)-ASAM Dataset: EV_ActuaForExterNoiseUDS 003013 - no VCDS obvious options to change volume on this one? Anyone know??

Thanks

Steve

You took the words right out of my mouth! Have just ordered my RT cable and will be having a play with the internal and hopefully external soundaktors this weekend. Let me know if you make any progress with the external one.