GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What pin/terminal type is this (BCM Harness)

pixlgeek

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm trying to retrofit blind spot monitoring. I have all the parts but the full wiring harness wants me to tap into two lines on the BCM harness. Instead of tapping the factory harness, I figured I'd make a Y splitter using repair wire and maybe even a 2 prong connector that would work with the pins/terminals.

Does anyone have an idea of what terminal types these are and which repair wires would work. As an added bonus if you could point me in the direction of a 2 pin plug that would work, it would be super.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
The small 3 pin black plug on this harness

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/-/32901320025.html

is a vw plug and should work with those terminals but I don’t know the part number for the plug, (vw parts counter should be able to find them) they used these on the AFS harness I fitted to allow splicing into the CANBUS wires, also search “vw repair wire on aliexpress, lots of repair wires available but you’ll have to compare pictures to find the correct ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG

I can send you something like that. The BCM terminals fit into the black loose 2 pin connector and the terminals on the other end fit into the BCM. Tap your 2 wires in, slide the solder butt connectors over, heat them up, done.

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
I'm trying to retrofit blind spot monitoring. I have all the parts but the full wiring harness wants me to tap into two lines on the BCM harness. Instead of tapping the factory harness, I figured I'd make a Y splitter using repair wire and maybe even a 2 prong connector that would work with the pins/terminals.

Does anyone have an idea of what terminal types these are and which repair wires would work. As an added bonus if you could point me in the direction of a 2 pin plug that would work, it would be super.

I'm interested in the same. Do you also have the wires to run to the mirrors? I was under the impression that it's very difficult to add wires to the mirror harness. Or are the wires already there?

Oh, and I have a source for two-pin connectors (VW OEM) that fit those wires. I may have a male/female pair to spare for you as well. Let me look this evening.

pixlgeek

Passed Driver's Ed

I can send you something like that. The BCM terminals fit into the black loose 2 pin connector and the terminals on the other end fit into the BCM. Tap your 2 wires in, slide the solder butt connectors over, heat them up, done.

Do you have info on where I can get this? The terminals? The pins? The connectors?

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie

I hope you are not connecting the two orange wires to the BCM

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk