GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Installed/Review FCPEuro.com TTRS clutch kit

roystr

Ready to race!
Background: I have a friend with a K04 MK6 with an RSR clutch. It's a nice setup, but the RSR clutch is almost $1k. I've been reading about the DIY TTRS setup since the MK6 days and decided to give the FCPEuro kit a try.

Link:
https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/audi-vw-clutch-kit-sachs-performance-529542

Install pics.

Old pressure plate:

Old disc:

New PP. I drilled the holes out to 6mm first using a 45 deg countersink bit to help guide the drill bit and then used a 6mm cobalt bit to finish the job.

New disc. Note the "Gearbox side" marking on it to help ensure that it gets installed the right way!

New Throw Out Bearing:

Installed and ready for reassembly:

Misc: Car has only 3500 miles. JB4 map 1 since 1000 miles, and then conservative map 6 at 3000 miles after installing CTS downpipe. No issues with slip but am looking to push the car further in the future and didn't want to worry about it.

roystr

Ready to race!
First impressions:

* Very large increase in pedal effort
* Much lower (to the floor) clutch engagement
* Shorter clutch pedal throw

I drove my buddy's RSR clutch after he first installed it and I'd say the increase in pedal effort is similar if not slightly more with this SRE clutch. That clutch did soften up over time and MikerFCP says that this one will, too.

Initially, I tried running with no clutch stop but noticed that the last ~20mm of travel seemed to do nothing. I tried the BMS clutch stop with 1 spacer but the grab was too immediate, so I settled on the BMS clutch stop with no spacers.

I ran 2 spacers with the OEM clutch and now 0 with the SRE clutch.

My commute is mostly highway miles but I do spend a decent time in stop/go traffic, so I'm going with a conservative 1000 mile break-in period and then I'll turn up the boost at lower RPMs and enjoy all of that lovely torque.

I want to thank MikerFCP for being very thorough with this order and answering all of my questions.

Roy

Last edited:

roystr

Ready to race!
250 miles

Pedal has softened up a touch, but is still very firm.

It is a very driveable clutch though. The disc in this kit is sprung and engages very smooth. I really like this. I've had some grabby clutches in the past that were a pain in the ass in stop and go traffic.

Roy

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
First impressions:

* Very large increase in pedal effort
* Much lower (to the floor) clutch engagement
* Shorter clutch pedal throw

I drove my buddy's RSR clutch after he first installed it and I'd say the increase in pedal effort is similar if not slightly more with this SRE clutch. That clutch did soften up over time and MikerFCP says that this one will, too.

Initially, I tried running with no clutch stop but noticed that the last ~20mm of travel seemed to do nothing. I tried the BMS clutch stop with 1 spacer but the grab was too immediate, so I settled on the BMS clutch stop with no spacers.

I ran 2 spacers with the OEM clutch and now 0 with the SRE clutch.

My commute is mostly highway miles but I do spend a decent time in stop/go traffic, so I'm going with a conservative 1000 mile break-in period and then I'll turn up the boost at lower RPMs and enjoy all of that lovely torque.

I want to thank MikerFCP for being very thorough with this order and answering all of my questions.

Roy

With my SRE, I tried an Ebay special clutch stop that is the same as BMS. I ended up removing the spacers as well as the grab was too immediate.

elamothe15

Ready to race!
Any updates?? Just ordered this clutch and I am a bit curious.
Thanks!

I'm a few thousand miles in on mine now and still really liking it. Pedal is still stiffer than stock but very tolerable IMO as the stock one was quite soft.

prunaionut

I'm a few thousand miles in on mine now and still really liking it. Pedal is still stiffer than stock but very tolerable IMO as the stock one was quite soft.

Thanks a lot! can't wait to install it, really hating the stock clutch as its grabbing inconsistently and feeling weak af.

prunaionut

Hello!
Sorry to bump this thread again but i have recently installed this cluch and ran into some problems. The clutch and pressure plate are installed in the car, torqued down and everything fitted but i have no engagement and the clutch grab is very weak. Have new Luk throw out bearing fitted. I’d like to mention that the pedal is very stiff and the ‘grab’ is at the top of the pedal. Any help would be much apreciated.
Thank you!

Last edited:

elamothe15

Ready to race!
Hello!
Sorry to bump this thread again but i have recently installed this cluch and ran into some problems. The clutch and pressure plate are installed in the car, torqued down and everything fitted but i have no engagement and the clutch grab is very weak. Have new Luk throw out bearing fitted. I’d like to mention that the pedal is very stiff and the ‘grab’ is at the top of the pedal. Any help would be much apreciated.
Thank you!

Did you bleed the clutch line?

Mk7Will

Ready to race!
Hello!
Thank you!

Flipped disc possibly

Crackness1

Ready to race!
took the gearbox out today, disc was installed the right way.

it looks like it does not match the flywheel.

Check all your part numbers to make sure you have all the right parts. there was at least one forum member post that stated they got the wrong disk (I think? one of the parts they got in the kit was incorrect) from FCP.

I know they have a pretty good reputation, and from personal experience so far they have good customer service, but I recently ordered a TOB from FCP and received an air filter, so...

Double-check your part numbers.