GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Product release - Driver side air intake scoop

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Driver side cool air vent trim piece for cooler intake temps from the drivers side, instead of sucking in air from the engine bay.

Prices are as follows for continental U.S. (I will ship to some other places for an additional fee to cover the cost. Screws included in price):

$30 - Just the upper trim piece either grate or open style.

$55 - Trim with air scoop same options as above.

*Special fitments message me with specs for pricing*

PM me to make an order.
Orders will be filled on first come first serve basis.

Benefits of lower compressor ratios on the intake side include but are not limited to :

– Turbo spends more time in the higher efficiency islands.

– Turbo will flow more air without over-spinning.

– The turbo spins slower, reduces exhaust back-pressure, increases overall engine efficiency

– Turbo runs cooler at lower pressures.

– Engine is less likely to knock.

– Turbo life is extended.

Below are pictures of some of the options.

Installation Instructions (It's your car do what you want, but just in case)

Step 1
Place the top piece onto the top side of your grill, the thinner side should be on your right. WHen aligned correctly, the top left corner should just barely cover the existing hole.

Step 2
Take a pencil and make some marks inside of the grates so you know how big to make your hole.

Step 3
With the upper grill aligned, carefully drill out the 4 holes.

Step 4
Remove grill and cut out your hole. Be careful, if you make this hole too big you will have a problem, better to start small and make it bigger.

Step 5
Insert the scoop piece into the Grill. The bottom of the scoop should rest in/on the lip inside the grill. This will help support it and keep it all in one piece.

Step 6
Place the top grill piece over the scoop piece and screw everything together.
*It may be easier to just screw the two pieces together first some and then insert the scoop into the hole and screw it to the grill as one piece*

*Disclaimer: Not responsible for any damage that may be caused as a result of this modification. You assume all liability*

Attachments

• grill template.zip
    90.9 KB · Views: 770
Last edited:

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Being that most people probably do not have the exact same size hole cut is your design going to allow that flexibility? Just the outer edge right? A little file and sandpaper cleaned mine up pretty good.

miked617

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
21 VW GTI
I haven't done this mod yet but plan to this spring. I'd be interested if the price was right.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Are you planning on 3D printing? If so, I may be interested in an option to purchase the STL file depending on the final design.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Interested.

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Interested!

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Being that most people probably do not have the exact same size hole cut is your design going to allow that flexibility? Just the outer edge right? A little file and sandpaper cleaned mine up pretty good.

Ideally this would be for people who have not already made the cut, but if you did make the cut already I could adjust the measurements and make a one off design.

Are you planning on 3D printing? If so, I may be interested in an option to purchase the STL file depending on the final design.

Yes these will be 3D printed. Prototype is in PLA plastic, production plans to be ABS plastic.

salsadoc44

Passed Driver's Ed
Feeler - Who is interested in a trim piece for the driver side grill mod?

interested! w/ grates and ideally screws

Last edited:

tknj99

Ready to race!
I performed the dremel cutting of the plenum on drivers side but not the opening you have displayed and would be interested in this as well..
The dremel work seemed to have increased throttle response slightly while also adding a chirping sound on high throttle runs when letting off. Curious how much more the cutting of the base part will add to throttle response/power.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Wow ok it seems like the answer is that people would want this.

My next question would be would you prefer it to just be open like on the right or would you want the grates over the opening like on the left.

I'll get working on it when i get home today.

Last edited:

tknj99

Ready to race!
Wow ok it seems like the answer is that people would want this.

My next question would be would you prefer it to just be open like on the right or would you want the grates over the opening like on the left.

I say the grates over the opening as it would probably look as close to stock as possible

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I'm interested

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk