GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Will_s Night Blue GTI daily turned track build

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Hi all and welcome to my build thread, I'll try and keep track of every mod I do here and we'll see where things go. This car is my daily and weekend track warrior all rolled into one.

You can also follow my build on Instagram @trackday_gti, or check out my Youtube channel!

Currently: went back to stock and sold :(

Past Mods (as of 4/18/22):

Engine/Exhaust
EQT Stage 2 91
Baun Performance V1 Downpipe
BFI Stage 1 Engine/Transmission/Dogbone Mounts
BFI Catch Can
ECS FMIC
ECS intake ducts
“BL” revision PCV valve
Vibrant 17950 Resonator
Stock catback exhaust

Previous tunes in order: stock, APR stage 1, stock, JB4

Suspension
EQT Coilovers with pillowball top mounts (8K front, 5k rear)
Enlarged strut tower for camber adjustment
Superpro adjustable front end links
TyrolSport front deadset kit
Eibach 25mm Rear Sway Bar
Moog’s Endlinks

Previous:
APR Roll-Control Springs
Bilstein B8s
Superpro Fixed Camber Plates

Braking
Stoptech ST60, 355x32mm rotors front
Pagid RSL29 front
EBC Yellow rears
Castrol SRF
RS3 brake ducts

Previously:
Macan Calipers w/ Zimmerman 345mm blanks, custom Techna-Fit lines, Ferodo DS2500 pads

Wheel Setup
17x9 ET42 Apex SM-10 in Anthracite
245/40/17 Falken RT660

Aero
Aerofabb V2 front splitter
Aerofabb spoiler extension

Cosmetic/Misc
35% tint all around
Rear wiper delete
Ed's MK7.5 Golf R replicas
PP grille w/ chrome strip
Klii motorwerks plaid rear view mirror cover
Side badge delete

As she sits now:
8DC6B891-4233-401D-8189-32FBAEC829EE.jpeg

83D20973-7B77-43F5-A605-C35466B84491.jpeg

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

1213625D-1656-44B6-8D11-DD03ECC81C27.jpeg

Pictures from when I first got it:

Hi-Res here:

Last edited:

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Added some striping to the front valence and side skirts

Edit: as of 4/2 this is off the car...wouldn’t stick...going to reapply the front section but prep the surface better

Last edited:

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Sitting at the dealership getting APR Stage 1 installed right now. Can't wait to feel the booost.

Edit: first impression, there is lots of boost now

Last edited:

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Yes. I just used some tape I found on Amazon. I took it off though as it couldn't seem to be able to handle the abuse the front end gets. It didn't bond well to the rubber. Might try applying again with a heat gun.

Micah247

Ready to race!
Yes. I just used some tape I found on Amazon. I took it off though as it couldn't seem to be able to handle the abuse the front end gets. It didn't bond well to the rubber. Might try applying again with a heat gun.

No heat. Here's the trick. You must prep the surface first. I use this anytime I need a sticker or espically doubble side tape to really adhere. Rubbing alcohol is not sufficient. Make sure you wear a glove.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G2BHLG6/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here's a link to my bbuild, on the second page it shows my badgeless grill. I added the red stripe. It's handled a couple snowstorms with ice covering the whole thing. It held up perfectly.

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39170

Last edited:

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
No heat. Here's the trick. You must prep the surface first. I use this anytime I need a sticker or espically doubble side tape to really adhere. Rubbing alcohol is not sufficient. Make sure you wear a glove.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G2BHLG6/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here's a link to my bbuild, on the second page it shows my badgeless grill. I added the red stripe. It's handled a couple snowstorms with ice covering the whole thing. It held up perfectly.

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39170

Thanks for that, just ordered some. Hopefully it sticks this time as I really liked the look.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
New rims today. Enkei Ty-5, 18x8 et 45, on stock 225/40 tires. Going to lower the car next I think.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Picked up APR Roll Control springs today..gotta get some spacers ordered and then they’re going on.

Also sealed the car with M21 a few days ago...pollenpocalypse is upon us and I'm determined to keep the paint protected through spring/summer. The amount of pollen/pollutants in the air is terrible where I live (right in the middle of the central valley) so I'm hoping it'll survive until I can garage it full time.

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Had APR Lowering Springs installed yesterday. Have driven about 50 freeway miles with them so far. Ride is a bit stiffer than stock and seems to corner flatter, will need to go on a real drive to actually evaluate. I got about a 1.125" drop overall. Here's a before and after and a complete measurement table. My car is on 225/40/18 tires and 18x8 rim. Stock dampers, no spacers or any other suspension work.

Before:

After:

Table:

Also bought some touch up paint and water putty. Going to go remove front license plate.