GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Santiago or Brescia wheels?

garygtd

Own a Golf GTD. Going to upgrade from the standard 18" Nogaro wheels but can't decide between the Santiago's or Brescia's. Any opinions appreciated.
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160709/fd5c319955490125f0449cb8273c3c4b.png
[IMG]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160709/bcc3801517f477fd1cbd8b26afe624d8.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paulkromz

Drag Racing Champion
how about I just come out and say that these machined faced then clear coat wheels are a potentially huge PITA if you ever have to have them refinished (if you curb one). So if you buy a set, I would suggest buying a set of either 6 or maybe something completely different as getting the machined face to match then clear coating is a huge PITA (to me).

But let's get back to the question at hand.... I like the Bruchetta, erm Brescia over the other ones.... ;)

garygtd

how about I just come out and say that these machined faced then clear coat wheels are a potentially huge PITA if you ever have to have them refinished (if you curb one). So if you buy a set, I would suggest buying a set of either 6 or maybe something completely different as getting the machined face to match then clear coating is a huge PITA (to me).

But let's get back to the question at hand.... I like the Bruchetta, erm Brescia over the other ones.... ;)

LOL Thanks

lucyfek

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI & GSW
Why 19"? Money to burn and teeth to shutter? Brescia would look fancier but it's asymmetrical and the other side would look backwards (for OCD types).

On a side note, Brescias seem to be even heavier than
Austins, while Pretorias are quite light for OE 19" wheels.

Brescia 7.5Jx19:

PN 5G0 601 025 CL : 11,5 kg

Pretoria 8.0x19:

PN 5G0 601 025 AJ : 9,6 kg

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Isn't that because the Austins are 18"?

Do the Bruchettas come in 18"?

garygtd

Why 19"? Money to burn and teeth to shutter? Brescia would look fancier but it's asymmetrical and the other side would look backwards (for OCD types).

19" for looks really. Good point about them being asymmetrical

pd150

Passed Driver's Ed
I do like the club sport alloys. But you can now regularly get genuine Santiago's brand new for around £1,300 from Polish eBay sellers. I brought 4 as I kerbed one �� Yes I kerbed one not my girl friend or other drivers fault. Just my careless driving!

Edit set on ebay now for £1,499

Last edited:

garygtd

I do like the club sport alloys. But you can now regularly get santiagos brand new for around £1'300 from polish eBay sellers. I brought 4 as I kerbed one Yes I kerbed one not my girl friend or other drivers fault. Just my careless driving!

What??! I'm being quoted £525 all in.

pd150

Passed Driver's Ed
i meant a set of 4 for £1,300 not sure how much club sport alloys would be £2,500 I'd guess

pd150

Passed Driver's Ed
Nope mine are all genuine.

Replicas are like £300 for a set.