GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

factory alarm disabled

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
anyone know if like the golf and gti;s our factory alarms are disabled? when reaching through a window with a locked car and opening the door alarm should go off?

more here http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7398842-PSA-US-Golf-GTIs-have-alarm-disabled-from-factory

was wondering if anyone did the coding and got it to work?

Did you try to set yours off? That would at least give this thread some data to start with.

I might try mine at lunch if I think about it, but my guess is for this "feature" we're not any different than Golfs or GTIs. Very likely NAR cars just didn't have this enabled for some reason. Not even going to venture a guess why.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Mine works fine, I locked the wife in the car to find out what the alarm sounds like when I picked the car up.:D

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Mine works fine, I locked the wife in the car to find out what the alarm sounds like when I picked the car up.:D

I think this might be a North American spec issue. Sorry to exclude you from the fun but at least from the thread in OP, unless someone in NA had it enabled it doesn't look like it is from the factory. :cool:

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah I'm going to try it later today when I get home from work to see and if it doesn't work I will enable and report back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rcode

Go Kart Champion
I just tested mine and it seems to be disabled. Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to code that now.

Edit: Ok I just went into it and it is enabled. Maybe i don't have an alarm? I did accidentally turn off my horn when it locks though haha.

Last edited:

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I just tested mine and it seems to be disabled. Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to code that now.

Edit: Ok I just went into it and it is enabled. Maybe i don't have an alarm? I did accidentally turn off my horn when it locks though haha.

Works on my R. Just tried it. We do not have motion sensors, you need to pull the door handle from inside. I did not try sitting in the seat to see if it makes a difference. The separate alarm horn sounds.

Last edited:

Rcode

Go Kart Champion
I did that but maybe didn't wait long enough after I locked it. how long did you wait?

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Just confirmed that my 2016 R (production date 3/16) alarm IS enabled, from the factory. Interesting, as there is no mention of an alarm anywhere in the standard features on the Monroney or anywhere else I can find, so I'd already assumed it didn't have one.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Just confirmed that my 2016 R (production date 3/16) alarm IS enabled, from the factory. Interesting, as there is no mention of an alarm anywhere in the standard features on the Monroney or anywhere else I can find, so I'd already assumed it didn't have one.

2/16 here. Did not notice an absence on the sticker. OK, just looked. No mention of an alarm or Immobilizer.

Last edited: