GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Unofficial E85 Ethanol Thread

Mark450r

Sweet man, I’m using the propel off 87 it’s like the halfway point of my daily commute. Guess it’s safe to assume they share the same fuel

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
26psi at redline is pretty far out of efficiency, is it not? I'd be worried on a daily tune running that much boost.

Iono. My 5150 IS38 tune is around 25 at redline but only peak around 27 psi. I'm not up there in RPMS much. Only when I'm on the strip so dailying at this boost level isn't an issue for me.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Depends how aggressive the tune is. Cobb's IS38 93 tune asks for 29 peak to 26 at redline. That would tax the stock pump on an ethanol blend.

Sup neighbor. I'm from Gilroy. The propel station on 1st street off of 880 is pretty consistantly e85.

I just assumed a typical stage 1 tune since it was his first post. Cobb tuned IS38 would be a pretty important piece of info that I figured would be shared....

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
I just assumed a typical stage 1 tune since it was his first post. Cobb tuned IS38 would be a pretty important piece of info that I figured would be shared....

Of course. I don't actually know what he is running but just wanted to give that little caution for folks wanting to run a ethanol blend on certain tunes.

Sweet man, I’m using the propel off 87 it’s like the halfway point of my daily commute. Guess it’s safe to assume they share the same fuel

I'd still check once in a while but these ecus are so smart in terms of adjusting for octane that I don't sweat the exact ethanol blend. I work just 2 miles away from the 1st street pump so works out for me.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Honestly, I think after running E mix for 15k miles on stock tuning is20 around e35-40 is the sweet spot. Yep, I don’t sweat the exact mix.

Joel

Ready to race!
Since installing the ethanol sensor I have ran E30.
Now on E33.
I am going to go E35-36 for the next tank, E37-38 the following tank and E40 after that.
Going to to try and see what timing changes I get.

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
Since installing the ethanol sensor I have ran E30.
Now on E33.
I am going to go E35-36 for the next tank, E37-38 the following tank and E40 after that.
Going to to try and see what timing changes I get.

You'll be fine on stock IS20 all the way up to E50-60. I am maxing out the IS38 on about E40.

SpaceGhost

Ready to race!
My wife's 2010 escape has the flex fuel logo on it. I assume I could try E85 in it. I just looked there is a station 6 miles from my house that has it. Open up the true potential of the V6 :).