GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

17 inch Rims with Performance Package

Modog

Hi, Has anybody fitted 17 inch rims to a GTI Mk7 with the performance package. The rotor diameter and brake caliper are a lot larger. Does this present any rubbing issues. I want to fit 17 inch rims with winter tires 225X45 for extra tire height.
Thanks, Modog.

LeGti

Ready to race!
Hi Modog, my PP came with 17x7,5 wheels, ET 52 (not entirely sure about the offset but it's thereabouts. Tires are 225/45/17.

Clearance for the calipers is tight, both axially and radially (against the inside of the spokes and against the barrel).

Having lived in Minnesota during a few winters, imho 17" wheels on a PP would be more of a pain than 18s or 19s: getting packed snow out of the tight-fitting 17s could be nightmarish. Of course, YMMV...

Last edited:

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
Enkei Fujin 17x7.5 ET45 with 245/40/17 RE71R

Volk Racing CE28N 17x8 ET50 with 225/45/17 PSS

LeGti

Ready to race!
Nice wheel / tire combos!!

Are the 245s doing OK on the 7.5" wheels?

To the OP, Modog, the first wheel in 7.5 would be great for a narrow, agressive snow tire. Sourcing the OEM 17 might be very expensive...

Just my .02E

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
For the class I am in for the autoX we are limited to stock width wheel(7.5") so its about trying to fit more tires on narrower wheel. It kinda depends on tires. The Bridgestone has really stiff sidewall...

Ferrari

Ready to race!
Hi, Has anybody fitted 17 inch rims to a GTI Mk7 with the performance package. The rotor diameter and brake caliper are a lot larger. Does this present any rubbing issues. I want to fit 17 inch rims with winter tires 225X45 for extra tire height.
Thanks, Modog.

The base Canadian GTI comes with 17" Brooklyn wheels which fit the PP GTI.

VW Part #: V5G0-601-025-BC-8Z8