GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Mods (interior & exterior modifications)

Old 01-12-2018, 10:08 PM   #1
MVProtus

Drives: mk7 gti
Vinyl wrap

I'm bought some carbon fiber foil to wrap my car mirrors. Is it better to wrap the covers while they are attached, or should I disassembly them and do it afterwards? Also, I would like to wrap the plastic cover that goes around the cup holders as shown in the attachment. Anyone know how to remove this - or is it glued on?
Attached Images

MVProtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 11:12 PM   #2
VWGTI

Drives: 2015 VW GTI Mk7 LP
For the mirrors, definitely take it off to wrap. Most carbon fiber wraps tends to be a little thicker than normal vinyl (due to multiple layers). Wrap the mirrors with a little overhang and wrap it behind where you'll be to see when it's mounted again. This way, it ensures that it won't start peeling away in the future. Just don't cover the tabs holding it in place
2015 Carbon Steel Gray GTI | GIAC Stage 2 Tune | Milltek Cat-Back Exhaust | CTS Turbo 3.5" Downpipe | VWR Sport Springs | 034 Rear Sway Bar | Adjustable Rear Endlinks | Neuspeed RSe10 | Michelin PSS | Helix Euro LED Brake Lights | DeAutoLED Reverse Lights
VWGTI is offline   Reply With Quote