GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Volkswagen GTI / Golf MK7 General Topics > MK7 vs......

Old 02-01-2018, 03:23 PM   #35
vincevtr

Drives: 2017 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyDrew77 View Post
What tune do you have and IS20 or IS38?
I believe he was GIAC at the time. makes me debate going GIAC for stage 2 myself. The dyno charts are some of the lowest but the numbers on the 1/4 thread and vagtech's videos say otherwise...
vincevtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 03:33 PM   #36
Diggs24

Drives: 2015 GTI; 2003 Saab 9-3 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincevtr View Post
I believe he was GIAC at the time. makes me debate going GIAC for stage 2 myself. The dyno charts are some of the lowest but the numbers on the 1/4 thread and vagtech's videos say otherwise...
IIRC it was a extra spicy GIAC file.
Old 02-01-2018, 04:12 PM   #37
Ramon64124

Drives: GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs24 View Post
LMFAO I love that term for a tune. When i used to have my JB4, i called adding boost and extra E85 putting some Spice.
Old 02-01-2018, 04:17 PM   #38
Worldpacgti

Drives: Mk7 gti
Ya, he was running the beta version of the IS38 extreme file for some of the races anyways
Eurodyne IS38 Moosetuned, 3" catless DP, Unitronic intercooler, Autotech intake, CTS turbo inlet pipe, CTS turbo outlet pipe, CTS TMD, CTS dogbone insert, H&R sport springs, Eurodyne TCU tune, CTS Turbo BOV, CTS throttle pipe, ECS turbo blanket, CTS engine and Transmission mounts
Worldpacgti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 04:27 PM   #39
Diggs24

Extra Spicy GUAC file.

Should hire me to do marketing.
Old 02-01-2018, 05:43 PM   #40
AtlantaDad

Drives: Night Blue 2016 GTI Autobahn DSG PP LP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs24 View Post
Well his car did have the (dsg) farts...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thou shalt read this first: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18297
AtlantaDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 05:46 PM   #41
Diggs24

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaDad View Post

Yeah it did. 50 second mark..epic gas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZL4BX3_G90
Old 02-01-2018, 07:05 PM   #42
JerseyDrew77

Drives: 2016 GTI S 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaDad View Post

Yeah, not a big fan of the farts.
Old 02-01-2018, 07:16 PM   #43
AtlantaDad

Drives: Night Blue 2016 GTI Autobahn DSG PP LP
Quote:
Yeah, not a big fan of the farts.
Aww man you gotta heart the fart!

Thou shalt read this first: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18297
AtlantaDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 07:55 PM   #44
VAG*Tech

Drives: 2015 VW GTI PP LP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dood. View Post
You’re back! So you still have the GTI? I remember seeing an ad on CL for your car someone posted on here a while ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, unfortunately or fortunately the car did sell... So I will always be around but not with that car. Next up is a track focused M3 build, as a GIAC dealer I will always be here for support and to see the platform evolve. I will likely be buying a 7.5R so no need to call it quits yet

Quote:
What tune do you have and IS20 or IS38?
Well, I just sold the car to a GIAC employee, it's sitting the the garage waiting to be shipped to California, but I am running a factory IS38 with the GIAC Extreme software, at the moment it runs on an E30 mix with Methanol injection.

As for what files I have run in my videos, well I have run everything from the base stage 2+ file, to a megaboost file (baby extreme), base IS38 file pump mode, base IS38 file race mode, and about 4 different revisions of the IS38 extreme file.
VAG*Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 12:11 AM   #45
NBMK7GTI

Drives: 2015 VW Gti S
Vag tech, how many miles did you end up having on that car before you sold it? And how many of those miles were u tuned?
Old 03-16-2018, 12:48 AM   #46
Xdpker

Drives: 17 GTI
I've been in plenty of races, but never in one of those honk 3 horns and take off kind of race. Obviously your 500 HP muscle car is going to beat my GTI, there's no skill involved. My kind of racing involves passing the other person, choosing the right lane, and going fast enough to prevent him from passing me. I've never lost a race before and I've taken down a variety of cars from econoboxes to M3/4s.
Xdpker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 02:37 AM   #47
mattd502

Drives: 17 GTI S 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xdpker View Post
I've been in plenty of races, but never in one of those honk 3 horns and take off kind of race. Obviously your 500 HP muscle car is going to beat my GTI, there's no skill involved. My kind of racing involves passing the other person, choosing the right lane, and going fast enough to prevent him from passing me. I've never lost a race before and I've taken down a variety of cars from econoboxes to M3/4s.
See you seem like that kinda person would pass me fast so I'd think you wanted to race and when I went to catch up to you and you weren't slowing down I'd wonder "what the hell is this guy doing does he want to race or not?" and then I'd just go back to cruising and that would be the end of it.
mattd502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 03:08 AM   #48
Tico63

Drives: MK7 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattd502 View Post
See you seem like that kinda person would pass me fast so I'd think you wanted to race and when I went to catch up to you and you weren't slowing down I'd wonder "what the hell is this guy doing does he want to race or not?" and then I'd just go back to cruising and that would be the end of it.
Yeah. I completely agree with you. That has to be one of the strangest comments I've seen. The skill moving from lane to lane to pass a guy constitutes a win? WTF. Line up with the guy, and go. Give him a thumbs up win or lose. That's my view on racing. Not this awkward ricer fly by back and forward between 2 people swerving in and out of traffic.
2017 MK7 GTI S / APR Stage II ECU Tune / USP Catless Downpipe / 034 Dogbone Insert / OZ UltraLeggera 18x8 / Neuspeed Race Springs / Custom Exhaust / Rokblokz Mud Guards / USP Paddle Extensions / 20% tint / Roof & Spoiler Wrap / Rear wiper delete / Boomba BOV / Helix Headlights
Tico63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 03:09 AM   #49
Xdpker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattd502 View Post
See haha that's fine, I'm talking about when the dude is trying to keep up with you going 50 over inside the city. That's when you know he's trying to race.
Old 03-16-2018, 03:10 AM   #50
Xdpker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tico63 View Post
Yeah. I completely agree with you. That has to be one of the strangest comments I've seen. The skill moving from lane to lane to pass a guy constitutes a win? WTF. Line up with the guy, and go. Give him a thumbs up win or lose. That's my view on racing. Not this awkward ricer fly by back and forward between 2 people swerving in and out of traffic.
I think there's more skill involved going 50 over in windy city streets than lining up and hitting the gas. Just my opinion though.
Old 03-16-2018, 09:47 PM   #51
Tico63

Drives: MK7 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xdpker View Post
I think there's more skill involved going 50 over in windy city streets than lining up and hitting the gas. Just my opinion though.
I mean yeah. There's the race track to measure that kind of skill. If that's what you're talking about lol. But weaving in an out of traffic is not measuring skill, it's just plainly inconsiderate. There's very little skill involved in driving my DSG lol.
2017 MK7 GTI S / APR Stage II ECU Tune / USP Catless Downpipe / 034 Dogbone Insert / OZ UltraLeggera 18x8 / Neuspeed Race Springs / Custom Exhaust / Rokblokz Mud Guards / USP Paddle Extensions / 20% tint / Roof & Spoiler Wrap / Rear wiper delete / Boomba BOV / Helix Headlights
Tico63 is offline   Reply With Quote