GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > Tracking / Autocrossing / Driving Techniques

Old 09-27-2017, 04:54 AM   #1
Blade3562

Drives: '15 Golf, '17 GSW 4Mo
Heading to Nelson Ledges Sunday!

This was the first track I drove and I have tons of time on this track...in my old R53. It's also been about 3 years, and since my last visit they've removed the trees on the carousel(Turns 6-10) and repaved. Should be a blast. We also get the rare opportunity to run the reverse(which I've never gotten to do before!) Will be interesting to see how the Mk7 compares. Got everything ready except a gear oil swap/fill and short shifter install(hoping to knock that out tomorrow). Currently logging as many miles as possible with YellowStuff pads to bed them in on the runway at work Friday or Saturday night . Seen a couple people with issues, but YellowStuff hasn't let me down in the past! Fortunately Nelson only has 2 braking points if you know what your doing! Will hopefully have on board video and pics!

Blade3562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 01:11 PM   #2
TecklenburgVW

Drives: 2015 Golf R w/ Tech Tornado Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3562 View Post
This was the first track I drove and I have tons of time on this track...in my old R53. It's also been about 3 years, and since my last visit they've removed the trees on the carousel(Turns 6-10) and repaved. Should be a blast. We also get the rare opportunity to run the reverse(which I've never gotten to do before!) Will be interesting to see how the Mk7 compares. Got everything ready except a gear oil swap/fill and short shifter install(hoping to knock that out tomorrow). Currently logging as many miles as possible with YellowStuff pads to bed them in on the runway at work Friday or Saturday night . Seen a couple people with issues, but YellowStuff hasn't let me down in the past! Fortunately Nelson only has 2 braking points if you know what your doing! Will hopefully have on board video and pics!

Looks nice, I like the long sweeping right hand turn following the hairpin.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
TecklenburgVW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 03:48 PM   #3
AR1

Drives: MK7R
Interesting numbering -- is it a magnet? Where did you get that?
Old 09-28-2017, 05:43 AM   #4
Blade3562

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR1 View Post
Interesting numbering -- is it a magnet? Where did you get that?
Yes sir, TrackDecals aka the only place you should ever buy numbers from. I went with magnets so I could swap between cars. Once the car is wrapped it won't really need big numbers on the door lol
Old 10-03-2017, 11:42 PM   #5
ashchuckton

Drives: VW GTI
It's been a 10 years since I've been to Nelson. I always liked that track. It must be nice since they've repaved it.
ashchuckton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 08:37 AM   #6
Blade3562

Came across some pics of my car from the event. Can't wait for next year, not going to have an input shaft seal fail hopefully lol.