GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > Exterior / Interior Care (washing, detailing, exterior repairs)

Old 09-13-2018, 09:01 PM   #1
Jozh

Drives: Golf MK7 TSI 110 R-Line
Cleaning Piano Black Dash Trim

What do you guys use for cleaning and protecting the Piano Black Trim on the dash around the entertainment head unit etc.
Jozh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 06:12 AM   #2
SM075180

Drives: 2017 Volkswagen Golf GTI SE 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozh View Post
What do you guys use for cleaning and protecting the Piano Black Trim on the dash around the entertainment head unit etc.

I don’t have it in my GTI but on a ‘13 Dodge Dart I used to have I’d stick strips of masking tape to it and peel it up. It seemed to do a decent job avoiding swirls and scratches from using rags and brushes. A good shot of compressed air beforehand probably wouldn’t hurt either. Of course it took a while and had far less surface area than the GTI does...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 09-21-2018, 02:33 PM   #3
The Fed

Drives: 2016 Golf R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozh View Post
First, remove dust with a small fluffy electrostatic duster. Dampen a clean microfiber cloth with softened or distilled water, and gently clean fingerprints and other dirt, and wipe with a clean dry microfiber cloth. Always be as gentle as possible so you avoid scratching it. The best way to care for it in the first place is to never touch the black with your fingers, and cover your face when coughing or sneezing. Then all you need to do is dust. I so wish the R had the full fake carbon fiber trim like the GTI has.
(Mostly) Posted by Josh/AWE. Flapper valves are open at idle, close after 1100 RPM during part throttle. Full throttle 1st-4th gear the valves open until throttle let off. 4th gear, 1500 RPM to full throttle closed, closed until 3500 RPM, then open until lift off throttle.
The Fed is online now   Reply With Quote