GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > Golf Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 06-23-2018, 06:41 PM   #1
pglendinning

Drives: Golf Sportwagen
Diverter valve errors, APR tune

Yesterday my Golf 1.8t threw up an EPC warning light. I took the car to the dealer and they ran a scan, which showed an intermittent diverter valve error. They cleared the code and sent me on my way. Almost immediately it happened again, and this time the car went into limp mode. I limped back to the dealer and left it with them for more diagnosis.
Two questions: 1) how likely is it that the dealer will blame the error on the APR tune? and 2) how would you suggest I argue against that assignation of blame?
Thanks in advance.
pglendinning is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 09:40 PM   #2
MeltedSolid

Drives: Mk7 Golf TSI Launch Edition
It depends a lot on the dealer. There's a chance they will completely blow you off, in which case the diverter valve is not too expensive and super easy to replace. Obviously an APR tune won't break a diverter valve, but some dealerships are super weary and won't even touch modded cars. At my local dealership I would expect them to potentially even ignore the fact that I don't even have a stock turbo if I was trying to fix the problem you are having, they are really good.

If they do send it back your way I wouldn't bother fighting them on such an easy fix, you might even be able to find a used diverter valve for very cheap here on the forums. Then it's literally right on the very top of your engine bay, 3 allen bolts and you're done.

EDIT: Worst case scenario: https://www.shopdap.com/06h-145-710-c.html
2015 TSI Launch Edition | Deep Black | 5-spd manual | APR Stage 1 + JB4 + IS20 swap | DIY Turbo Muffler Delete | 17" Enkei RPF1's | 034 dogbone insert V1 | BC Racing BR series Coilovers | ST 25mm rear sway bar | DIY HD Clutch Stop | NGK RS7 Spark Plugs | VWR Catted Downpipe | South Bend Stage 2 Endurance Clutch | BFI Stage 2 engine/transmission mounts

Last edited by MeltedSolid; 06-23-2018 at 09:46 PM.
MeltedSolid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 03:30 AM   #3
pglendinning

Drives: Golf Sportwagen
Thanks for this reply. I think if it come to this I will probably replace the DV in their parking lot out of principle.
pglendinning is online now   Reply With Quote