GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > Tracking / Autocrossing / Driving Techniques

Old 07-12-2018, 09:31 PM   #1
crild

Drives: MK7 R
Bbk pot and rotor size for R

Looking at a rotora 355 6 pot kit and the new racing line 345 4 pot kit. What seems to be the better pick for tracking the R since I don't find a lot online talking about rotor size and how many pistons you need vs piston area.
crild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 09:49 PM   #2
jmason

Drives: 2015 GTI S 4 Door 6MT Night Blue Metallic with LP
Not sure of a technical answer, but one thing to consider is the replacement costs for the pads that you will consume. I get about two track days out of my pads (Hawk DTC-60), so it adds up fast if you do a lot of track days. Similarly, at some point you might want to consider using 17" wheels on track because tires in that size are less expensive than 18". A 355 won't fit in most (any?) 17" wheels. 345 may not fit either.

I am at the limit of tire adhesion with my 330 4 pot Brembos. No problem with brake fade. Anything bigger would not improve performance.
P3 Cars Display | Bilstein PSS10 | Conti DWS06 235/40 on Neuspeed RSE12 18 x 8 Bronze or Hankook Ventus R-S4 on RSE16 17 x 8.5 Bronze | Cross-Drilled and Slotted rear Rotors | Short Shift Kit | Tyrolsport Deadset | BFI Catch Can | Eurocode Adj F & R SBs | SuperPro and Eurocode End Links | Brembo 330mm BBK | RS3 Brake Ducts | Solid Shifter Bushings | SuperPro Alloy 0006K LCA | CSS Swivels w TT Bearings | Wavetrac LSD | RSR Clutch Kit
jmason is offline   Reply With Quote