GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > GTI Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 01-17-2019, 07:57 PM   #1
GolfWang

Drives: '15 Night Blue DSG S
OEM Lower Dogbone Bush Part Number

So my lower dogbone rubber bushing is trashed, and I want to replace it and do the 034 upper and lower inserts with BFI S1 mounts. Does anyone know how I can find the Part Number? Keffer VW doesn't have an interactive parts guide anymore.
GolfWang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 08:04 PM   #2
Diggs24

Drives: 2015 GTI; 2003 Saab 9-3 SS
Sounds like a PITA as you'd probably have to drop the SF and then align it. Just put the hybrid in and be done.
Old 01-17-2019, 09:35 PM   #3
sprinks

Drives: GTI Mk7
the bushing is 5q0 198 037, dogbone is 5q0199855, need bolts N91201001 (m14x1.5x50) N91167101 (m10x75) and N91066101 (M10x35) if you're replacing that whole assembly.
Looks like maybe it's doable if you have a bottle jack, but agree, mostly a PITA.

wheelwell & GTI mk7 journal
sprinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 04:45 AM   #4
GolfWang

Ugh. Okay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-22-2019, 04:46 AM   #5
GolfWang

My car is stock ECU/TCU, and I drive 25K+ a year. Going a route that is likely to add lots of NVH is very freaky to me

Old 01-22-2019, 12:22 PM   #6
Cptnjosh

Drives: 2017 GTI Sport DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfWang View Post
My car is stock ECU/TCU, and I drive 25K+ a year. Going a route that is likely to add lots of NVH is very freaky to me

I have the Powerflex Hybrid bushing Version B, BNIB if you would like it PM me. When I ordered it I was all about it, but after giving it some thought I was not quite ready to remove the oem puck. Which at 25k is in good enough shape. I just added the ecs poly insert and I am mostly happy with it. Maybe I will replace the lower puck later as miles increase.

But the others are right, it will be a pain to install the OEM puck yourself. What we all really need is the ability to purchase the Superpro upper and lower pucks that are included with there mount kit, seperately.
Old 01-22-2019, 08:00 PM   #7
GolfWang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptnjosh View Post
I have the Powerflex Hybrid bushing Version B, BNIB if you would like it PM me. When I ordered it I was all about it, but after giving it some thought I was not quite ready to remove the oem puck. Which at 25k is in good enough shape. I just added the ecs poly insert and I am mostly happy with it. Maybe I will replace the lower puck later as miles increase.

But the others are right, it will be a pain to install the OEM puck yourself. What we all really need is the ability to purchase the Superpro upper and lower pucks that are included with there mount kit, seperately.
I appreciate the offer, but I already have the Hybrid in the box, and anyway I'm A not B.

But okay. I still think I'm gonna go this route because I actually had the 034 lower insert + Roc-Euro stabilizer bar, along with the 034 density mounts, and for the 2 weeks before the bolts backed out on the RE bar and broke my transmission, the car was PERFECT. Zero increase in NVH, in fact LESS than OEM in terms of "harshness" (mainly from the tactile feedback of the rocking of the engine). And all the performance increase that I had been hoping for. I was over the moon for those two weeks, I had my cake and I was eating like a fat kid. So that's where I want to be, again.
Old 01-23-2019, 12:39 PM   #8
Cptnjosh

Quote:
I appreciate the offer, but I already have the Hybrid in the box, and anyway I'm A not B.

But okay. I still think I'm gonna go this route because I actually had the 034 lower insert + Roc-Euro stabilizer bar, along with the 034 density mounts, and for the 2 weeks before the bolts backed out on the RE bar and broke my transmission, the car was PERFECT. Zero increase in NVH, in fact LESS than OEM in terms of "harshness" (mainly from the tactile feedback of the rocking of the engine). And all the performance increase that I had been hoping for. I was over the moon for those two weeks, I had my cake and I was eating like a fat kid. So that's where I want to be, again.
Ok cool. But I wonder if putting another Roc Euro piece would be a good idea, after suffering major damage from the previous one. I know that there are some major fans of that part on here. But in my mind this RE bar may help decrease NVH drastically when paired with an insert at the expense of added stress at the transmission mounting point...That is why the OE dogbone and all other aftermarket dogbones come with urethane or spherical bearings and are two parts. It is meant to move. Think about it.

Anyway, this is just my opinion. I would hate to see another cracked transmission case. Good luck!
Old 01-23-2019, 01:42 PM   #9
GolfWang

Quote:
Ok cool. But I wonder if putting another Roc Euro piece would be a good idea, after suffering major damage from the previous one. I know that there are some major fans of that part on here. But in my mind this RE bar may help decrease NVH drastically when paired with an insert at the expense of added stress at the transmission mounting point...That is why the OE dogbone and all other aftermarket dogbones come with urethane or spherical bearings and are two parts. It is meant to move. Think about it.

Anyway, this is just my opinion. I would hate to see another cracked transmission case. Good luck!

Lol, it cost me $3K to fix. I never said Iím reinstalling the RE bar. I got the APR bar when I got a new trans. It has held perfectly. But the APR insert has wrecked my dog bone bushing so I either need a Hybrid replacement puck or to replace the bushing and go for upper/lower 034. I reeeeeeallyyyy donít want NVH, and Iím 90% positive, based on Twistís feedback, that combining the BFI S1 mounts and the Powerflex Hybrid will lead to an amount of NVH that I will not be happy with. And I donít want to take the chance.
Old 01-23-2019, 02:02 PM   #10
Cptnjosh

Right on! I agree with you on the hybrid based on my poly insert. That’s why I did not install mine. I keep hoping someone comes out with a higher durometer rubber puck for us.
Old 01-23-2019, 04:14 PM   #11
demi9od

I still love my RE bar and do believe it cuts down on the NVH from an insert dramatically. I also don't use launch control and if I planned to run the car at a strip or track I'd be swapping out to the APR pendulum.

I recognize the design flaw is the separation of the middle bolt from the trans case. Had they designed it so the pendulum arm was flush with the trans case rather than separated, I believe it would solve the issue.
Old 01-23-2019, 05:04 PM   #12
GolfWang

Quote:
Originally Posted by demi9od View Post
I still love my RE bar and do believe it cuts down on the NVH from an insert dramatically. I also don't use launch control and if I planned to run the car at a strip or track I'd be swapping out to the APR pendulum.

I recognize the design flaw is the separation of the middle bolt from the trans case. Had they designed it so the pendulum arm was flush with the trans case rather than separated, I believe it would solve the issue.
I never use launch control either. But - I will admit that I'm 90% positive the day my RE bar broke my trans was the one time I did try to use it, lol. Go figure.
Old 01-23-2019, 05:19 PM   #13
demi9od

Quote:
I never use launch control either. But - I will admit that I'm 90% positive the day my RE bar broke my trans was the one time I did try to use it, lol. Go figure.
Yeah, and I mean I did, a couple times with it on the car before yours cracked. Thing is, the tires were singing all through first and the shift to second with no wheel hop, so there couldn't have been much stress on the mount. Slicks or DRs on a prepped track would be bad news bears for the trans case I believe.
Old 01-23-2019, 05:39 PM   #14
yirayira

Drives: 15 GTI | E85 IS38 | Mfactory LSD | 986 calipers
Quote:
What we all really need is the ability to purchase the Superpro upper and lower pucks that are included with there mount kit, seperately.
I've seen a few people only install the engine/trans and sell the puck, keep an eye out. I think it's a shame to buy such a great kit and sell the most important part
Old 01-23-2019, 05:49 PM   #15
McSkin

Drives: 16' GTI DSG
Have you considered the Powerflex diesel insert instead of the hybrid replacement?
I'm curious how the NVH is with that.
McSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 05:51 PM   #16
Diggs24

Drives: 2015 GTI; 2003 Saab 9-3 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSkin View Post
Have you considered the Powerflex diesel insert instead of the hybrid replacement?
I'm curious how the NVH is with that.
Looking at it it certainly shouldn't be as stiff as the hybrid. It's just an insert vs a replacement.
Old 01-23-2019, 06:42 PM   #17
GolfWang

Quote:
Originally Posted by demi9od View Post
Yeah, and I mean I did, a couple times with it on the car before yours cracked. Thing is, the tires were singing all through first and the shift to second with no wheel hop, so there couldn't have been much stress on the mount. Slicks or DRs on a prepped track would be bad news bears for the trans case I believe.
So I think it was like, my very first time doing a launch after enabling full ECS defeat, and it was on that mode, and I didn't even have sticky tires at the time, so it literally just spun 1st, and cracked.