GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Volkswagen GTI / Golf MK7 General Topics > GTI & Golf MK7 General Discussions

Old 09-18-2018, 07:13 PM   #86
Reboot

Drives: 2017 VW GTI Autobahn w/PP MT6
Seriously this whole thread is ridiculous, you guys bought a high performance car and you're driving it like a Prius. The whole thing is look at look at me look at me how much of a douchebag I am while I am driving 30mph under the speed limit screwing up traffic for everybody else and causing accidents in the process. If you want to drive like an idiot then please buy a Prius instead so we all know to avoid you. This hyper-miling involves driving techniques which are downright insane and dangerous like driving 2ft from a bumper of a big rig just because someone gets their jolies out of seeing a high MPG and bragging about it on the Internet. Here is a newsflash you're not saving planet Earth with your driving but you sure will kill someone in the process while you're drafting that big rig and causing it to crash while it takes out a dozen cars. Hope those gas savings are worth it.
Reboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 07:26 PM   #87
Strange Mud

Drives: 2017 GTI Sport
well that escalated quickly....
Old 09-18-2018, 07:38 PM   #88
GolfWang

Drives: '15 Night Blue DSG S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
well that escalated quickly....

someone woke up on the wrong side of their wife this morning
GolfWang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 09:46 PM   #89
StealthGTI

Drives: 2017 GTI Sport
What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
Seriously this whole thread is ridiculous, you guys bought a high performance car and you're driving it like a Prius. The whole thing is look at look at me look at me how much of a douchebag I am while I am driving 30mph under the speed limit screwing up traffic for everybody else and causing accidents in the process.
"High performance car?" That's FUNNY! It's a GTI, not a RS8. And I'm pretty sure NO ONE has mentioned hypermiling or driving dangerously slow anywhere in this thread. If you're thinking about the 45-mph "average" speeds on the display, that's an easy explanation:

In my own examples, where I state that I usually drive between 70-75 mph during my commute, what I don't say is that my first 3/4-mile is in a 25-mph zone, the next 2.5 miles is in a 45-mph zone (with possible stops at controlled intersections) and then my last three miles has a stop as well as driving 10-15 mph in a parking area. All of that really kills the average speed, probably knocking mine down to 45-50 mph (not sure... haven't looked).

So get off your high horse about us driving our "high performance cars" like a Prius. BTW, have you seen the Prius drivers in major cities? There are two types: Hypermilers and total assholes. I see more the latter in my commute, but still find it annoying to get stuck behind ANYONE driving "5-over" in the left lane. Also, I like the balance between performance and economy with our cars. I suspect the OP and others feel the same; hence, the logical question and discussion about fuel economy from our "high performance cars."

Scott

| Stage 2 GTI | Electronics Galore | Facebook | YouTube |
StealthGTI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 11:33 PM   #90
Faceman

Drives: 2017 GSW S 4Mo

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk