GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Volkswagen GTI / Golf MK7 General Topics > GTI & Golf MK7 General Discussions

View Poll Results: TTRS clutch slip
Yes 0 0%
No 4 100.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-16-2018, 02:42 PM   #1
bigbearbigbutt

Drives: Golf Alltrack
Audi TTRS clutch slip

I have the kit on my Alltrack, and after about 10-15 launches at the drag strip the clutch starts to slip from 3k to 4k rpm. How many of you have issues with the TTRS clutch? Mods on my car: IE,DP, IS38 custom tune (Moose)
bigbearbigbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 03:02 PM   #2
The Fed

Drives: 2016 Golf R
There's probably like 3 people using this clutch.
(Mostly) Posted by Josh/AWE. Flapper valves are open at idle, close after 1100 RPM during part throttle. Full throttle 1st-4th gear the valves open until throttle let off. 4th gear, 1500 RPM to full throttle closed, closed until 3500 RPM, then open until lift off throttle.
The Fed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 03:09 PM   #3
Jose_Gti

Drives: Golf GTI MK7
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fed View Post
There's probably like 3 people using this clutch.
Completely wrong, just look at the Official DIY TTRS Clutch Kit thread 750 replies and 146,600 views.
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showt...trs+clutch+kit
A lot of people are using this clutch, so much so that at the beginning we were collecting the parts that you needed and now all the big stores offer a kit that they put together themselves.
For me being FBO APR stage II I havenít had any problems.
MT GTI APR stage II high output. APR Down Pipe. APR Intake. Denso IKH24 Iridium plugs. 034 Dogbone. APR short shifter full system. ECS Clutch Bleeder Block. Billy Boat Resonator. TTRS Clutch kit. UBQ unibrace and Neuspeed sway bar. APR Intercooler + Apr boost hoses, apr turbo inlet pipe.
Jose_Gti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 03:16 PM   #4
seanmcd

Drives: 2016 GTI Autobahn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_Gti View Post
Completely wrong, just look at the Official DIY TTRS Clutch Kit thread 750 replies and 146,600 views.
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showt...trs+clutch+kit
A lot of people are using this clutch, so much so that at the beginning we were collecting the parts that you needed and now all the big stores offer a kit that they put together themselves.
For me being FBO APR stage II I haven’t had any problems.
But, are you drag racing your car with 10-15 hard launches each time?
seanmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 03:20 PM   #5
Jose_Gti

Drives: Golf GTI MK7
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmcd View Post
Me? I have never drag race my car, I wouldnít mind doing some autocross though.
MT GTI APR stage II high output. APR Down Pipe. APR Intake. Denso IKH24 Iridium plugs. 034 Dogbone. APR short shifter full system. ECS Clutch Bleeder Block. Billy Boat Resonator. TTRS Clutch kit. UBQ unibrace and Neuspeed sway bar. APR Intercooler + Apr boost hoses, apr turbo inlet pipe.
Jose_Gti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 04:52 PM   #6
hooville

Drives: '00 Golf TDI, '15 Sportwagen TDI, '16 GTI S
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbearbigbutt View Post
I have the kit on my Alltrack, and after about 10-15 launches at the drag strip the clutch starts to slip from 3k to 4k rpm. How many of you have issues with the TTRS clutch? Mods on my car: IE,DP, IS38 custom tune (Moose)

This clutch is rated for up to 400-430 ft-lbs of torque on the sites selling the TTRS kits. With the performance mods you listed it looks like you may have reached the working limits of the clutch, but I'm certainly no expert in this arena: my car is currently stock!

I just bought the kit from FCP Euro with an eye towards a Uni Stage 1+ tune as it gives me a margin of safety with an OEM feel and I"m guessing that most folks installing this kit fall into this group based on the posts I've read.
Old 09-16-2018, 04:58 PM   #7
bigbearbigbutt

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmcd View Post
10-15 launches are total launch on the clutch. I have been only one time at the drag strip and had some launches during custom tune
Old 09-16-2018, 05:03 PM   #8
bigbearbigbutt

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooville View Post
This clutch is rated for up to 400-430 ft-lbs of torque on the sites selling the TTRS kits. With the performance mods you listed it looks like you may have reached the working limits of the clutch, but I'm certainly no expert in this arena: my car is currently stock!

I just bought the kit from FCP Euro with an eye towards a Uni Stage 1+ tune as it gives me a margin of safety with an OEM feel and I"m guessing that most folks installing this kit fall into this group based on the posts I've read.
I donít think with my mods they exceed the torque rate limit. On the Alltrack FB group i saw people with more mods than me get torque below 400 from the same tuner. I guess this clutch maybe not good for drag racing 🙁
Old 09-16-2018, 05:04 PM   #9
The Fed

Drives: 2016 Golf R
You might want to dyno your to verify how much power you're a developing.
(Mostly) Posted by Josh/AWE. Flapper valves are open at idle, close after 1100 RPM during part throttle. Full throttle 1st-4th gear the valves open until throttle let off. 4th gear, 1500 RPM to full throttle closed, closed until 3500 RPM, then open until lift off throttle.
The Fed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 06:18 PM   #10
StealthGTI

Drives: 2017 GTI Sport
I think I have about 30,000 miles on my APR Stage 2 car with TTRS clutch, which was installed about 10 months ago. I don't launch, but I do tow with my car, which can be fairly abusive to the clutch. Between feathering the clutch under load when taking off, the occasional quick pass while being too lazy to downshift, and backing my trailer up my inclined driveway at slower-than-clutch-speeds, I suspect my clutch could have a few hot spots on it... or not since I don't usually over-rev when feathering the clutch.

Anyway, no slipping just yet. If my driving habits prove to be too much for this clutch, then I'll get a beefy and chattery Stage 3 clutch of some sort with SMF.

Scott

| Stage 2 GTI | Electronics Galore | Facebook | YouTube |
StealthGTI is offline   Reply With Quote