GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Volkswagen GTI / Golf MK7 General Topics > GTI & Golf MK7 General Discussions

View Poll Results: Tough guy or waver?
Tough Guy 56 21.29%
Waver 207 78.71%
Voters: 263. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-15-2018, 09:20 PM   #324
bobyjane1234

Drives: MK7 GTI DSG
I thumbs up each chance i get
Old Yesterday, 07:04 AM   #325
ieddtech

Drives: 18 GTI Autobahn DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by PouncingPanzer View Post
Trying to spark a humorous discussion here.

Since owning a VW in 2012, I have learned of the very deep following many of us share and would like to maintain towards our brand(s). Growing up in a Mopar household, the extent of my VW knowledge stopped at "Beatles are ugly". After working for the brand for a few years however all of that changed. It is a strong community full of very loyal followers. I admire it.

I must say however, not many of us wave. Since having my GTI, I have had one other GTI driver interaction on the road. They were very enthusiastic at that, and were trying to make up for all the tough guy sour faces I see. Honked at me even Thank you black GTI S APR stage II owner, you were very kind. I myself wave at my fellow kamerades, I usually get the dead, motionless hand at the 12 o'clock position in return. Just curious what others felt, do you just wave at GTIs like yours? Or are there other stipulations? Lol. I just don't want to be one of two guys who wave.
"Beetles"
ieddtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:43 AM   #326
dequardo

Drives: 18 MK7 GTI SE DSG; DIB LP,PP
‘Comrades’
2018 GTI SE| DIB DSG LP PP | Llumar Pro PPF hood, bumper, fender and mirrors | Invisible Shield headlights, rear bumper guard and door cups | CTX 35% tint on 7 windows | Red Hound Auto splash guards | Weather Tech digital fit mats | Weather Tech deflectors |3M door edge, wheels well and hatch lip guards | OEM door sill protection | Coverking Triguard cover | 034 Motorsports dog bone insert | Aully Park leather steering wheel cover |
dequardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:31 PM   #327
ThatWhiteRabbit

Drives: 2017 GTI 6MT
I saw a Beetle driving wildly in traffic during my commute home yesterday.

I somehow approached then passed this Beetle; it was stop-and-go traffic at that point so I glanced at the driver to get a look at the maniac behind the wheel.

To my surprise she was already looking at me and was so excited to see me. It was awkward so I quickly looked away. I felt like an ass and now she probably thinks GTI drivers are snooty
ThatWhiteRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:42 PM   #328
RebelGTI

Drives: '17 GTI Sport DSG NBM COBB Stage 1+
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatWhiteRabbit View Post
I saw a Beetle driving wildly in traffic during my commute home yesterday.

I somehow approached then passed this Beetle; it was stop-and-go traffic at that point so I glanced at the driver to get a look at the maniac behind the wheel.

To my surprise she was already looking at me and was so excited to see me. It was awkward so I quickly looked away. I felt like an ass and now she probably thinks GTI drivers are snooty
I almost T-boned a red Beetle who had rolled through a stop sign while merging into the road I was on. It was so close that I had to swerve into opposite lane to avoid hitting them. I glanced at the driver and it was a man with a mustache. Now I don't trust any Beetle driver with a mustache.

That said if I saw a VW driver waving at me I'd wave back. That has only happened once though (that I noticed.)
RebelGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:53 PM   #329
ThatWhiteRabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelGTI View Post
I almost T-boned a red Beetle who had rolled through a stop sign while merging into the road I was on. It was so close that I had to swerve into opposite lane to avoid hitting them. I glanced at the driver and it was a man with a mustache. Now I don't trust any Beetle driver with a mustache.
Those Beetle drivers are something else
Old Yesterday, 06:36 PM   #330
dequardo

I drive into Road America today and not 5 seconds past the gate a R driver waves to me in my lowly non-tuned 18 GTI SE. Respect.
2018 GTI SE| DIB DSG LP PP | Llumar Pro PPF hood, bumper, fender and mirrors | Invisible Shield headlights, rear bumper guard and door cups | CTX 35% tint on 7 windows | Red Hound Auto splash guards | Weather Tech digital fit mats | Weather Tech deflectors |3M door edge, wheels well and hatch lip guards | OEM door sill protection | Coverking Triguard cover | 034 Motorsports dog bone insert | Aully Park leather steering wheel cover |
Old Yesterday, 06:41 PM   #331
Strange Mud

Drives: 2017 GTI Sport
it was the splash guards....
Old Yesterday, 09:18 PM   #332
dequardo

No doubt.
Old Yesterday, 09:29 PM   #333
ElectricEye

Drives: '15 MK7 Reflex Silver
Received a couple of "V's" or haves from GTI drivers in the past few weeks.
A guy in an R flashed me a "V" just today.
An R.
So no uppity R attitude.
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:48 PM   #334
JC_451

Drives: 2017 GTI Sport 6MT
Quote:
Now I don't trust any Beetle driver with a mustache.

I dunno, I had to quote this, so hilarious
JC_451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:18 AM   #335
ThatWhiteRabbit

Quote:
Now I don't trust any Beetle driver with a mustache.
Welp I saw a Beetle inching out into the intersection (red light for his side) today. Looked at the driver and it was a long haired dude with a bushy mustache