GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Volkswagen GTI / Golf MK7 General Topics > Member Car Journals

Old Yesterday, 04:41 PM   #936
sandmangti

More Audi brake duct pics with part info.

I ordered 2 more Esco flat top jack stands from Amazon.com
Search for the low profile stands. Only around 11" tall at lowest setting. Hold 3,000lbs each and have nice wide feet. The rubber tops are now made from different and better rubber. Does not smell like____. On Amazon.com the low profile stand does not have correct picture. It shows the 13" stand and dimensions listed are also 13" stand but description states low profile stand requested from guys with lowered cars. I verified this with vendor on my first order over a year ago. Solid stand and well built. Flat top good for Audi lift pads also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
sandmangti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:30 PM   #937
golfdave

Drives: Defensively, avoiding all the other idiots!!
The 340mm discs, less suspension droop & the fact you have placed them closer to the engine than I did, defo helps to prevent duct/calliper interference on full lock..

The 9mm cable ties are way stronger & fit better & look more OEM than the supplied 7.6mm wide ones..

I notice that my car freewheels more after throttle lift off compared to the TT-RS ones I had fitted...
golfdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:03 PM   #938
Sandman GTI

Drives: GTI MK7 Autobahn, PP, DCC+LP, 97 F-150 4.6L V8
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfdave View Post
The 340mm discs, less suspension droop & the fact you have placed them closer to the engine than I did, defo helps to prevent duct/calliper interference on full lock..

The 9mm cable ties are way stronger & fit better & look more OEM than the supplied 7.6mm wide ones..

I notice that my car freewheels more after throttle lift off compared to the TT-RS ones I had fitted...
Thanks to you and a couple others for install info.
Made it quicker knowing I would mod them some.
I moved it around looking for the best feel. In the position I used it lined up best with the hole toward the engine and the wrap by wheel also felt good so it was decided. On the right side install I plan to cut the post by wheel a little more. This will tighten the wheel wrap a more. An interesting part. Never had this on a vehicle. With new discs and pads coming car will look like track monster on front suspension. Guess I should autocross it to see how it drives.