GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Volkswagen GTI / Golf MK7 General Topics > GTI & Golf MK7 General Discussions

Old 07-14-2018, 04:19 AM   #1
TastyPancakes

Drives: '17 GTI SE CSG w/DSG
Issue w/ Newly Installed 7.5 Tail Lights

So I just spent the last 2.5 hours installing 7.5 Tails and got damn do I love them. The install wasn't too bad and the USP Motorsports harness and installation instructions made it a pretty straight forward job. They look amazing on the CSG and were worth every penny. However....

Here is where I am at this point: Every light on the rear of the car works perfectly and within its functional guidelines EXCEPT the drivers side turn signal which does not work at all under any circumstances.

How I got to this point:

I finished the installation and buttoned up all of the panels in the rear hatch. I turned on the lights to check the functioallity of every bulb on the rear of the car to make sure that my connections were solid and there was no issue. This was done before any coding so the tail lights, brake lights, and amber turn signals were on and in a solid state, as was expected. My point now being at this moment in time, all of the lights worked and were physically functional. I took this picture to send to my buddy and you can see that they all work.

I pulled the car out of the driveway and turned around to park normally in the garage to make room for the GF when she came home. As soon as I parked in the I hooked my OBD11 up and prepared to code. I was planning on long coding using the detailed instructions included with USP's harness. However while looking through the Apps on the OBD11 i came across one that one-step codes for the USP harness. "Titties!" I thought to myself, this will save me a good amount of time and I had the credits lying around to do it.

I loaded the app and it was successful. I tested the brake lights. Good. Reverse Lights. Good. Turn Signals. Right one good, left no worky. Tried individually and with 4-ways. No Luck.

I then grabbed the coding instructions and proceeded to go through the steps one by one to make sure that everything was in order. Everything was fine until I got to steps 15 & 19, as I could not find the channels that I needed to access to change values.

Below is a picture I took of the instructions after having gone through the steps. I marked steps 15 & 19 so you can see which parameters I was unable to change and/or make sure were changed when I ran the App.

Both of these adaptations are for a brightness setting I'm assuming based not he "127" value that I am supposed to change it to, and If i had to guess, they are for the inner and outer turn signal brightness on the left hand side of the vehicle. This is only my assumption at this point. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Why can I not access these settings (Leuchte23BR RC8 & Leuchte24SL HLC10)? Is is a shortcoming of the OBD11's ability to access them, or are the instructions incorrect and I actually need to change a different setting than the one I am being instructed to?

Im 99% sure its not a hardware issue. The turn signal worked in the picture above and all I did between that and the coding was turn the car around in the garage. I re-pulled the hatch panel and saw no frayed/cut/damaged wiring.

I ran a diagnostic scan and got one central electronic fault:
B12CB15 Left Back-Up Light Bulb
Open Circuit/Short to B+
I'm hoping this fault is a result of missing a coding step.

So that's where I am at this point. Everything working perfectly except for the driver side turn signal. My conclusion at this point is that a coding step was missed and I need to change a value or two somewhere from "0" to "127" to basically turn these bulbs back on.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Last edited by TastyPancakes; 07-14-2018 at 04:25 AM.
TastyPancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 04:47 AM   #2
NeedSleep

Drives: 2017 GTI Sport DSG
They're typos. The 23 channel should be the same "23BR HLC10" in step 16. The 24 channel should be the same "24SL HRA65" in step 20.

Edit: Step 18 (and that 23 channel, for that matter) is likely where your problem is. The "Blinken links" is the left signal.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Old 07-14-2018, 05:08 AM   #3
TastyPancakes

Drives: '17 GTI SE CSG w/DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedSleep View Post
They're typos. The 23 channel should be the same "23BR HLC10" in step 16. The 24 channel should be the same "24SL HRA65" in step 20.

Edit: Step 18 (and that 23 channel, for that matter) is likely where your problem is. The "Blinken links" is the left signal.

Okay, so under Leuchte23SL HLC10 I changed the value of Dimmwert CD23 from 0 to 127 and the signal now works. It is just on opposite timing from the other tune signal when the 4-ways are on (they alternate), and out of sync from the side and front turn signals.

I it was a coding issue, but is there a way to get them to sync up?

Edit: had one setting on Dunkelphase instead of Hellphase, made the change and cleared it right up. Thanks brotha!

Last edited by TastyPancakes; 07-14-2018 at 05:14 AM.
TastyPancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 06:02 AM   #4
NeedSleep

Drives: 2017 GTI Sport DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by TastyPancakes View Post
Okay, so under Leuchte23SL HLC10 I changed the value of Dimmwert CD23 from 0 to 127 and the signal now works. It is just on opposite timing from the other tune signal when the 4-ways are on (they alternate), and out of sync from the side and front turn signals.

I it was a coding issue, but is there a way to get them to sync up?

Edit: had one setting on Dunkelphase instead of Hellphase, made the change and cleared it right up. Thanks brotha!
Np, glad to see you got it working!

Old 07-14-2018, 06:29 AM   #5
stillwellm10

Drives: MK7 Golf SE w/LP
Glad to see you got it resolved as well man!
stillwellm10 is offline   Reply With Quote