GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Off-Topic Discussions > OFF-TOPIC Lounge

Old 07-10-2018, 07:34 PM   #222
vbrad26

Drives: '15 CSG 2dr 6MT GTI
Ugh poor Grosjean.
I'm not sure he will have a seat next year.

I don't know.
He is obviously capable of a finish within the top 10 almost every time out, but the errors and general bad luck he has had this season is hard to ignore.

He did however carry HAAS as a team during its inception, but now, even HAAS has admitted their frustration with the situation.
vbrad26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 08:17 PM   #223
95gto

Drives: 2015 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosCanizares View Post
I thought it was fair. But the inconsistency of it is complete crap when Vettel only got 5 for taking out Bottas in the French.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vbrad26 View Post
Yeah that is my issue.
Both instances were pretty cut and dry and obviously the fault of the Ferrari driver. But why the different penalties.

If BOT got hit again would it just be 5 seconds? Or would it have been 10.
I thought the broadcasters made a note relative to this, saying the stewards were trying to determine a "fair" penalty to impose in cases like this. However it is a bit of a subjective call and past experiences influence current decisions. Also when you consider Kimi got away clean but Vettel damaged his front wing, a ten second penalty would mean vastly different things to their respective races. I guess I took the broadcaster's statement to mean the imposed penalties will vary by design as the goal isn't to enact a fixed interval of penalty but rather a consistent disruption or handicap to the offender's race.

If Bottas gets hit by another Ferrari you can bet people will start running wild with Lewis's "interesting tactics" comment.
95gto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 08:39 PM   #224
CarlosCanizares

Drives: 2016 Volkswagen Golf R 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95gto View Post
I thought the broadcasters made a note relative to this, saying the stewards were trying to determine a "fair" penalty to impose in cases like this. However it is a bit of a subjective call and past experiences influence current decisions. Also when you consider Kimi got away clean but Vettel damaged his front wing, a ten second penalty would mean vastly different things to their respective races. I guess I took the broadcaster's statement to mean the imposed penalties will vary by design as the goal isn't to enact a fixed interval of penalty but rather a consistent disruption or handicap to the offender's race.

If Bottas gets hit by another Ferrari you can bet people will start running wild with Lewis's "interesting tactics" comment.
That totally makes more sense now you've articulated it this way. I wish there was a way the stewards could explain why/how they came to that conclusion similar to other sports.

About Lewis' comment. It was made right after the heat of battle and adrenaline still in his veins. He already admitted that he says stupid things after a race. What I disagree with is how Merc added to that fire by saying Ferrari did it deliberately.

On my computer, I've renamed my hard drive to Nürburgring.

Like my wife, I would love to go to Spa.

Last edited by CarlosCanizares; 07-10-2018 at 08:47 PM.
CarlosCanizares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:49 PM   #225
vbrad26

Drives: '15 CSG 2dr 6MT GTI
https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/2...e-in-f1-break/

Haas say Santino Ferrucci will be dealt with when the team breaks for the mid-season pause in Formula 1 after the American driver was sacked by F2 team Trident on Wednesday. Team boss Guenther Steiner says the German and Hungarian Grands Prix will take precedence over the disgraced junior driver.

Last edited by vbrad26; Yesterday at 06:13 PM.
vbrad26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:18 PM   #226
CarlosCanizares

Drives: 2016 Volkswagen Golf R 6MT
And he’s been dropped by his management firm as well.

On my computer, I've renamed my hard drive to Nürburgring.

Like my wife, I would love to go to Spa.
CarlosCanizares is offline   Reply With Quote