GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Volkswagen GTI / Golf MK7 General Topics > GTI & Golf MK7 General Discussions

Old 02-13-2018, 03:28 PM   #1
demi9od

Drives: 2017 GTI Sport DSG
Acceleration in the wet, ASR yay or nay

Throttle modulation is a bitch when roads are wet, have you guys found ASR and just matting it to be better from a dig, or can you get more out of throttle modulation?
Old 02-13-2018, 03:56 PM   #2
ucfquattroguy

Drives: 2017 GTi
I doubt you'll get any useful responses because of the "TURN OFF ALL THE THINGS!" crowd that's all over these forums.

Here's the reality: You have a FWD car with a bunch of torque on tap in conditions that are super low grip. Anything that widens the margin for error with your right foot is welcome. Besides, the ASR/Torque Management these days is WAAAAY better than a few generations of ECU and engines ago that would simply shut the party down.

Here's what you need to do: Just drive the car in the various settings and decide what you like better. Granted, I've done the "Increased Traction" adaptation mod to my VAQ, but I find the car much better than what some people give it credit for when I just leave all the nannies on and drive (this is for just around town, not on track or anything).
ucfquattroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 05:20 PM   #3
AtlantaDad

Drives: Night Blue 2016 GTI Autobahn DSG PP LP
ASR on in the wet, or Cobb TC.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thou shalt read this first: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18297
AtlantaDad is offline   Reply With Quote