GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > Golf R Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2018, 02:57 PM   #52
Walls
Member
 
Drives: 2018 Golf R, 2016 GTI Autobahn PP, 2008 Evo X
Location: Reading PA
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 36
I did last weekend. Shift were harsher and it held gears for a little longer but now it feels like it did before i did the adaption
Walls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 02:43 AM   #53
ashmostro
Member
 
Drives: 2018 Corvette Grand Sport
Location: Northern VA
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 30
No solution here.
ashmostro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 11:51 PM   #54
Inigo
Member
 
Drives: 2018 Golf R
Location: Colorado
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 57
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashmostro View Post
No solution here.
So after going big turbo, it turns out the ED tcu tune does not increase clamping force.

The shop stated that without a TCU tune (a proper one), I cannot get rid of the boggy launch with my BOSS 600 kit.


The thing is this....The car does feel like its making the same torque down low so why would the tranny be my limiting factor and not boost build up and RPM?

They suggested I wait until UM comes out with there TCU tune in a few months.... At the moment, my car bogs on when using launch control (as if no boost is available)...
Inigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 02:22 PM   #55
Mother
Senior Member
 
Drives: 2018 Oryx White R
Location: Orlando, FL
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother View Post
Eurodyne asked if I had any fault codes and confirmed RPM's should hold steady at 4k rpm. I told him no lights or anything, so I haven't checked for codes and I mentioned there are two more individuals in this thread experiencing the same behavior.

He said that he will try and get their 2018 test car back to see if he can recreate the issue.
Emailed this morning to follow up and actually got a pretty quick response... not an encouraging one though, as they are "still trying to get the DQ381 test car back."

Two months since I emailed about it and they haven't even gotten the test car there to look at or test.
Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 02:50 PM   #56
ChrisMk77
Member
 
ChrisMk77's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 GTI PP
Location: Sweden
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigo View Post
So after going big turbo, it turns out the ED tcu tune does not increase clamping force.

The shop stated that without a TCU tune (a proper one), I cannot get rid of the boggy launch with my BOSS 600 kit.


The thing is this....The car does feel like its making the same torque down low so why would the tranny be my limiting factor and not boost build up and RPM?

They suggested I wait until UM comes out with there TCU tune in a few months.... At the moment, my car bogs on when using launch control (as if no boost is available)...
Eurocode and Pag parts are TVS Enginering dealers in the US. Their stage 3 DQ 381 tune holds up to 700 nm or 516 ft lbs.
ChrisMk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:51 PM   #57
Inigo
Member
 
Drives: 2018 Golf R
Location: Colorado
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMk77 View Post
Eurocode and Pag parts are TVS Enginering dealers in the US. Their stage 3 DQ 381 tune holds up to 700 nm or 516 ft lbs.
Eurocode is getting me squared away. Thanks!
Inigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:03 PM   #58
ChrisMk77
Member
 
ChrisMk77's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 GTI PP
Location: Sweden
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 90
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigo View Post
Eurocode is getting me squared away. Thanks!
Great would love to hear how you like it since i am getting my DQ380 tuned in the spring.
ChrisMk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:27 PM   #59
Walls
Member
 
Drives: 2018 Golf R, 2016 GTI Autobahn PP, 2008 Evo X
Location: Reading PA
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigo View Post
Eurocode is getting me squared away. Thanks!
Do they need the car at their shop or can you flash it at home.
Walls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:10 AM   #60
Inigo
Member
 
Drives: 2018 Golf R
Location: Colorado
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walls View Post
Do they need the car at their shop or can you flash it at home.
No. They ship the cable and you flash at your own location.
Inigo is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.