GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Volkswagen GTI / Golf MK7 General Topics > Ordering | Pricing | PR Material Discussions

Old 01-18-2018, 10:36 PM   #35
Shane_Anigans

Drives: 2017 GTI Sport DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexmoney View Post
Thanks SA. I had a dealer offer from December, that I didn't move on. I was looking to see what had changed for January. Trying to figure out if there was a difference (that the dealer's websites wouldn't reflect).
I believe the remaining 2017 VWs will be final-paid (ie final incentive from VW paid to dealers on remaining stock) at the end of February, so I suspect the current incentives will continue through then. I'll update if they add more cash, but I doubt they will. With the 2018s on the lots, there can't be many 2017s left.
Old 01-18-2018, 11:06 PM   #36
enrikito

Drives: 2018 VW GTI SE
I've been tracking a handful of 2017's locally for a couple of weeks... the best offer I got was:

2017 VW GTI SE (DSG)
MSRP $33,165
Offer $25,459 + fees/tax

I think if I had gone to finalize the price in person I could've gotten a better deal, instead I chose to get a 2018 at another dealer =]

Their offer didn't mention any specific incentives, just a lump sum discount - there's still a handful of 2017's in stock around my area as they start to stock up on 2018's
enrikito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 04:12 PM   #37
Shane_Anigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by enrikito View Post

Their offer didn't mention any specific incentives, just a lump sum discount -
The dealer cash from VW is included in that, but they are not allowed to advertise it as such.
Old 02-01-2018, 03:45 PM   #38
buckeye3d

Drives: 2018 GTI Autobahn
Any news on February incentives yet?
buckeye3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 07:31 PM   #39
SVTunit

Drives: 2018 GTI SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye3d View Post
Any news on February incentives yet?
I am in the same boat, waiting to hear what February brings.
SVTunit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 11:42 AM   #40
WhiteTigerSE

Drives: GTI MK7
Glad i took advantage of this, last day of January. They told me it dropped to $3,000 in feb.
WhiteTigerSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 07:12 PM   #41
wantone

Drives: focus
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTigerSE View Post
Glad i took advantage of this, last day of January. They told me it dropped to $3,000 in feb.
Of course they did. That's what dealerships do. It actually went up in Feb. http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39033 And an extra $500 in parts of the Northeast till the end of the month.
wantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 05:19 AM   #42
Shane_Anigans

Quote:
Any time a dealer claims to know what the next month's incentives are before the month actually starts, they're lying. In this case, I've seen the proof; the January program basically carried over to February, and there is an additional $500 bonus cash in the southeast, possibly other regions as well.

All VW incentives on 2017 GTI will end on 3/31, and with the supply as low as it is, I don't expect them to offer much more (if anything) than what is already available.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:18 AM   #43
WhiteTigerSE

Drives: GTI MK7
Quote:
Originally Posted by wantone View Post
Of course they did. That's what dealerships do. It actually went up in Feb. http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39033 And an extra $500 in parts of the Northeast till the end of the month.
That's a shame. I still think i did pretty good with my deal. $24,510 for SE DSG complete package. -- I knew not to buy any of the crap the finance manager was trying to sell me on... extended warranties, gap insurance, and w/e else they tried to feed me.

The dealer admitted they didn't know what February deals were going to be. To keep the $4,000 rebate, they told me they had to put it in the system that I had purchased the car (lie) so they can offer me the price agreed upon before meeting them on Feb 2nd. It was when i had 2nd thoughts on the car i bought... wanting a cheaper one when they lied and said the rebate dropped $1,000. -- Thinking about it, I'm glad i went with the SE over the Sport.
Old 02-22-2018, 04:28 AM   #44
Shane_Anigans

Quote:
That's a shame. I still think i did pretty good with my deal. $24,510 for SE DSG complete package. -- I knew not to buy any of the crap the finance manager was trying to sell me on... extended warranties, gap insurance, and w/e else they tried to feed me.

The dealer admitted they didn't know what February deals were going to be. To keep the $4,000 rebate, they told me they had to put it in the system that I had purchased the car (lie) so they can offer me the price agreed upon before meeting them on Feb 2nd. It was when i had 2nd thoughts on the car i bought... wanting a cheaper one when they lied and said the rebate dropped $1,000. -- Thinking about it, I'm glad i went with the SE over the Sport.
Well, they definitely didn't fleece you. From the sounds of it, they reported the sale to VW before the January 31 to boost their January sales number, and when you told them you were having second thoughts, they probably said that to keep you from walking, then coming back later (or not at all), since unwinding the deal is a huge pain for them.

Considering you paid the same price for an SE as I paid for a Sport 4 months ago, you definitely came out ahead.
Old 03-04-2018, 09:00 PM   #45
wantone

Drives: focus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane_Anigans View Post

All VW incentives on 2017 GTI will end on 3/31, and with the supply as low as it is, I don't expect them to offer much more (if anything) than what is already available.
Did anything change for the 2017's in March? Did the Southeast $500 bonus President's Day cash go away or did they extend? Not that there's many left, but (possible) end of VW quarter and incentives running out on 3/31 seams darn ideal time to buy.

What happens after March for the 2017's and no more incentives from VW? Will pricing skyrocket since nothing left from VW?
wantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 04:13 AM   #46
Shane_Anigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantone View Post
Did anything change for the 2017's in March? Did the Southeast $500 bonus President's Day cash go away or did they extend? Not that there's many left, but (possible) end of VW quarter and incentives running out on 3/31 seams darn ideal time to buy.

What happens after March for the 2017's and no more incentives from VW? Will pricing skyrocket since nothing left from VW?
Edit/Update: $4500 Dealer Cash confirmed, no other incentive cash at this time.

I didn't really have much of a chance to check over the VW incentives all that thoroughly when they were released on Thursday, but I think it's still the same $4500 dealer cash as last month. I'll confirm it tomorrow and let you know.

At the end of March, VW will pay every dealer a lump sum for whatever remaining 2017 GTIs they have on the lot, probably the same $4500 per car they've been offering as dealer cash. From that point on, the prices can only go down, since dealers hate paying interest on the loans they use to purchase their inventory. Basically, from now until there are no more 2017s left, any further discounts are going to come from dealers putting their marketing allowances and volume bonuses into the deals to get rid of them, but that's not really going to be a significant discount.

Last edited by Shane_Anigans; 03-05-2018 at 07:01 PM.
Shane_Anigans is offline   Reply With Quote