GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes / Chassis - Sponsored by The Tire Rack

The Tire Rack
Welcome to the Wheels and Tires section of GOLFMK7. This area is proudly sponsored by The Tire Rack.

If you are making a purchase from TireRack, please help support GOLFMK7 by clicking through to them with this link or clicking on the Tire Rack banner ad. Doing so helps give back to GOLFMK7 so we can keep this place running!

Old 05-17-2019, 05:49 PM   #1
TypMuffin

Drives: GTI MK7 16'
Golf R Cadiz 19" on MK7 GTI (2016) rubbing issues

So I recently bought some cadizs from another user on here. The tires I bought are 235/35R19 (pzeros). The tech that was installing them said the tires lip rim guard was rubbing. I thought the golf R rims fit onto the GTI with no issues. So are there any tire recommendations that would fit without issues?
TypMuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 06:25 PM   #2
Derushi

Drives: slow
What suspension? Any spacers? That should fit without issues if all is stock. It should still fit even with a 1-1.2" drop lowering springs, maybe some rubbing on dips and bumps but that can be fixed by doing the fender screw mod.

I used to run similar spec wheels as you on my MK7 on Lowering springs + 10mm Spacers and had no rubbing issue on the streets after doing the fender screw mod.

19x8 ET50 (Pretoria wheels) with 235/35/R19 stock Summer P Zero, ED Springs, 10mm Front/12mm Rear spacers, fender screw mod done.
Derushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 08:26 PM   #3
TypMuffin

Drives: GTI MK7 16'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derushi View Post
What suspension? Any spacers? That should fit without issues if all is stock. It should still fit even with a 1-1.2" drop lowering springs, maybe some rubbing on dips and bumps but that can be fixed by doing the fender screw mod.

I used to run similar spec wheels as you on my MK7 on Lowering springs + 10mm Spacers and had no rubbing issue on the streets after doing the fender screw mod.

19x8 ET50 (Pretoria wheels) with 235/35/R19 stock Summer P Zero, ED Springs, 10mm Front/12mm Rear spacers, fender screw mod done.
I am completely stock, that is why I am so confused. I have a strong feeling the tech either screwed up or there is something broken. He only checked fitment on back right and said it would rub so he stopped working on the car. Something about the inner plastic touching? I couldn't make out what he was trying to say. Maybe the suspension cover or wheel well cover is coming loose?
TypMuffin is offline   Reply With Quote