GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Volkswagen GTI / Golf MK7 General Topics > GTI & Golf MK7 General Discussions

Old 08-14-2019, 04:57 PM   #18
swcrow

Drives: MK7.5 GTI SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slowvw View Post
Where is everyone buying theirs? Seems more worth it in the $40 range as opposed to $60+
Autoanything
Old 08-14-2019, 11:31 PM   #19
VdubbinCT

Drives: GTI MK7.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slowvw View Post
Where is everyone buying theirs? Seems more worth it in the $40 range as opposed to $60+

Got mine for $41 after 25% discount from Advance Auto website, 5% cashback via shopping at advance auto through the couponcabin.com website, than 5% cashback by paying with Discover through Paypal as part of the Discover 5% rotating quarter (Paypal)
VdubbinCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 11:32 PM   #20
VdubbinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by swcrow View Post
Autoanything
It is also $60 and probably no 25% discount like advance auto that can get
Old 08-14-2019, 11:38 PM   #21
VdubbinCT

Looks like I might have crafted the art of installing this, not pushing it all the way down to the bottom of window... still some opening around the mirror and an inch or so on the driver side pillar...
Attached Images

Old 08-15-2019, 08:55 PM   #22
VdubbinCT

After 3 days of 85-90 and parking in the sun... I have determined this does not keep the car cooler any means. The car is still blistering hot as without. Same goes with the cheap $14 walmart sunshades.
Old 08-15-2019, 09:00 PM   #23
dietcokefiend

Drives: 2019 VW GTI Rabbit Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by VdubbinCT View Post
After 3 days of 85-90 and parking in the sun... I have determined this does not keep the car cooler any means. The car is still blistering hot as without. Same goes with the cheap $14 walmart sunshades.

The main thing is how its heated though... this is to do with any sunshade in general. You car parked outside is going to be like 120-130F as the entire car warms up baking in the sun. Put something reflective at the windshield and you can knock it down a little bit.

The part it helps is the dash isn't like 400 degrees. When you turn on the AC, the AC doesn't have to first cool down the dash area to spit out cooler air. The smoking dash also doesn't cook off your eyebrows with the "cold" air first blowing through its jetsream induced updrafts either.
dietcokefiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 10:36 PM   #24
El_bigote_AJ

Drives: 2019 GTI - Rabbit
Quote:
Originally Posted by VdubbinCT View Post
i have a cheap one from Walmart and when i don't use it its very noticeable. but i also have 20% tint on all windows and 70% on the windshield already. its 110 out today.
El_bigote_AJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:57 AM   #25
akimmel

Drives: 2015 GTI 6MT
I had been throwing mine in and letting it fall down the crack which left a gap at the top and sides but I wasn't too worried about it. Today I fiddled with it and tried clamping it between the sun visors and the headliner which works great. You can hold it up by the rear view mirror area while clamping it. The bottom sits perfectly flush to the black outline on the glass and the pillar fitment is much closer.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
akimmel is offline   Reply With Quote